Welcome to Mingalapar Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sunset in Golden rock

sunset golden rock

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

sunset

sunset

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Hello,

I'm planning to see the sunset in Golden Rock mountain but I don't want to stay in the 2 hotels in the top.

How can I go down to the village? Is it possible to walk or is it any car bringing down after sunset?

Thx

TS33

TS33

VIP Member

• Administrators
  • 2,123 posts
  • LocationBangkok

I doubt you can walk down as it is pretty far so I think you should stay in a hotel on the top.

I think it's worth it as you will be able to see the sunset and also the sunrise the next morning.

A journey of thousand miles begins with a single step!

Billy the kid

Billy the kid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

I think you better not try to walk down during the night, the walk up and down take several hours and there is no lighting on the path up, like a trekking path in the densely vegetated mountain, so if you don't want to loose yourself there you better stay at the top.

Last time I went there, there were no cars after sunset.

micheal

micheal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

I wanna go again Golden Rock ! 

Miss that time. Let me share my saved photo ! 

Attached File  Kyaik 4.jpg   195.02KB   0 downloadsAttached File  Kyaik.jpg   188.76KB   0 downloadsAttached File  Kyaik 3.jpg   79.64KB   0 downloads

Saisai

Saisai

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 618 posts

I feel quite unwell to upload these photos here. But it's the reality of Golden Rock. I don't know how to pick up the rubbish there. 

So sad for the bad practice. 

Attached File  kyaiktiyo-pagoda-1.jpg   42.12KB   0 downloadsAttached File  kyaiktiyo-pagoda-2.jpg   75.53KB   0 downloadsAttached File  kyaiktiyo-pagoda-3.jpg   62.59KB   0 downloadsAttached File  kyaiktiyo-pagoda-4.jpg   77.96KB   0 downloadsAttached File  kyaiktiyo-pagoda-5.jpg   63.65KB   0 downloads

BurmeseNews

BurmeseNews

VIP Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,905 posts

I feel quite unwell to upload these photos here. But it's the reality of Golden Rock. I don't know how to pick up the rubbish there. 

So sad for the bad practice. 

attachicon.gifkyaiktiyo-pagoda-1.jpgattachicon.gifkyaiktiyo-pagoda-2.jpgattachicon.gifkyaiktiyo-pagoda-3.jpgattachicon.gifkyaiktiyo-pagoda-4.jpgattachicon.gifkyaiktiyo-pagoda-5.jpg

Golden Rock cleans up its act

After a Facebook photo essay raised an outcry, the Kyaikhtiyo Pagoda trustee board has come up with a new trash collection plan – to replace the old method of simply tossing debris down the mountain.

http://www.mmtimes.c...p-its-act.html 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sunset, golden rock

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users