Welcome to Mingalapar Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Rent a boat in Inle Lake

rent boat inle lake

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

sunset

sunset

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Hello,

does anyone know where I can rent a boat in Inle lake? Should I ask my hotel or should I go directly to the lake? What is the price for one day?

Thx

TruthTraveller

TruthTraveller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  • LocationYangon, Myanmar

Hello,

does anyone know where I can rent a boat in Inle lake? Should I ask my hotel or should I go directly to the lake? What is the price for one day?

Thx

Hi there sunset,

Me and my fiance went Inle lake last year and we rented the boat from the lake directly. We paid 20,000 Ks for whole boat for a half day.  But I think you might encounter the difficulty with the pronunciation of the boat men. It was very hard to understand what they saying even for a native like me. If the price offer of your hotel is not much different, you should take their boat service.And make sure to get the boat with chairs other wise they will let you sit on the boat floor only.

FREE FROM DESIRE

sunset

sunset

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Thanks for your reply.

Does the boatmen speak English?

You got all the boat only for you or did you have to share?

sunset

sunset

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Hi there sunset,

Me and my fiance went Inle lake last year and we rented the boat from the lake directly. We paid 20,000 Ks for whole boat for a half day.  But I think you might encounter the difficulty with the pronunciation of the boat men. It was very hard to understand what they saying even for a native like me. If the price offer of your hotel is not much different, you should take their boat service.And make sure to get the boat with chairs other wise they will let you sit on the boat floor only.

Thanks for the reply.

Can the boat me speak English?

Did you get the whole boat just for or you had to share with other people?

When you say half day, it means how many hours?

TruthTraveller

TruthTraveller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  • LocationYangon, Myanmar

Thanks for the reply.

Can the boat me speak English?

Did you get the whole boat just for or you had to share with other people?

When you say half day, it means how many hours?

Hey sunset,

Sharing information I know is just my pleasure. :)

I am not sure whether the boat men can speak English or not but since Inle is the tourist attraction zone, they could speak a little or you could find someone who can speak English among the boat men.

Yeah, we got the whole boat for me and fiance only.

We started using the boat from 2 PM till 6 PM and even if we used the boat start from 12 noon or 1 PM it's not a big deal for the boat men we hired. So let say it was totally 4 hours. :D

FREE FROM DESIRE

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rent, boat, inle lake

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users