Welcome to Mingalapar Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hot air balloon in Bagan

Bagan hot air balloon Myanmar sky view flight

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Carlita's way

Carlita's way

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Hello to all Mingalagyis,

It's been a long time I haven't asked any questions on the forum, so here I come again :).

I've read about hot air balloon in Bagan that you can use to see the sunrise from up above, and from the pictures I've seen it seems absolutely magnificent, I really would like to do it.

Only problem is the price, it is apparently very expensive for a balloon flight, like 300 USD per person, because there seems to be only one company doing it.

Could anybody please confirm this information about price and the fact that there is only one company doing so. Is there any ways to have a better price than that, other company, tour with negotiated fares, or anything that could bring the prices down?

That would really help if someone had good tips about it.

Thanks a lot

Mahseer

Mahseer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
$300 is plenty of oney but how many times do you plan to ride a hot air baloon? For a one off I would say price i reasonable. And note that the balloon outfit only operate between November and March.
  • Carlita's way likes this

Carlita's way

Carlita's way

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Hey Mahseer, sorry for my late reply.

That's kind of a good argument, I would indeed not do it two times in my life. But now I am interested to visit Myanmar, but my income is not really important... So paying 300 USD for the balloon, will be an important spending of my budget, that's why I was looking for more affordable options, seems there is none apparently.

If I want to do it I'll probably have to save a little bit more, it seems Myanmar prices are also not decreasing, on the contrary, so maybe I should wait next year when I will have more savings.

Thanks for your kind reply anyway :)

yangonexpat

yangonexpat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

What is the name of this company? I would love to check their website.

Billy the kid

Billy the kid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Yeah, the company name is Balloons Over Bagan and you can check their website here http://www.easternsa...bagan_home.html , it seems the prices rose a little bit to 320 USD person for the Classic experience.

Enjoy the ride !!

kinetics1103

kinetics1103

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationHo Chi Minh

One hour in Balloons Over Bagan costs 320 USD! Incredible! :rolleyes:

In my coming trip, I can't afford it, but in the future I may try if I go to Myanmar again.

Max

Max

• Administrators
  • 2,436 posts
  • LocationBangkok

Yeah, that's what I thought as well, didn't do the hot air Balloon in Bagan yet, but everybody seems to say it's worth it... I'll wait to be a bit richer to do it :)

kinetics1103

kinetics1103

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationHo Chi Minh

Hihihi...I also need to save money from now on if I want to get on that Balloon!  :P

Max

Max

• Administrators
  • 2,436 posts
  • LocationBangkok

Then start eating instant noodles for every meal of this months, maybe you'll save enough to be able to do the Balloon trip :)...

But I guess a month is a little bit too short  <_<

Good luck on your savings, 

Max

kinetics1103

kinetics1103

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationHo Chi Minh

Hahaha...good idea! Why not? 

However, it may not work because I need to get enough nutrient to maintain good health for my tight trip to Myanmar!  :D

Actually, I want to save cost because I'm planning to go to Japan (which is my second hometown) next year also! 

P.S: [font="'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;"]after my trip to Myanmar in Jan, I hope Myanmar will appear in my home-town list as well. :P[/font][font="'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;"] [/font]

[font="'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;"]Cheers.[/font]

Hsorino

Hsorino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Hi Kinetics,

I think you are right by saying that Myanmar might become a second home to you, it is really what I feel since I moved here. People here are so friendly and welcoming that you might not want to leave, be careful, you can become addicted :).

As for the hot air balloon, it's definitely one of the things to do while in Bagan, it's the kind of memory you keep in your head for a very long time, really one of my highlight while travelling around Myanmar. I know the price is high but I really recommend to do it.

Have a good day,

kinetics1103

kinetics1103

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationHo Chi Minh

Hi Hsorino

Become addicted? Really?? :o

Anyhow, seeing is believing!  :)

BTW, it's quite interesting that last week I have connected with my ex-boss.

(She is now the branch director of one IT company in Yangon).

In the coming trip in Jan, I can't meet her but she asked me to visit Myanmar again in the future so that she can hangout with me to discover the hidden charm of Myanmar. At that time, I may get on the Balloon together with her! 

Cheers,

Linka

expatpeter

expatpeter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

We have just done it.

Saisai

Saisai

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 616 posts

Wow! Great. Mr. Expatpeter. How do you feel? is it great?

expatpeter

expatpeter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Wow! Great. Mr. Expatpeter. How do you feel? is it great?

We are fine, my wife and me. It was warm (hot) in Bagan. Here are all photos from 2012 and 2014

kinetics1103

kinetics1103

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationHo Chi Minh

Amazing...Really jealous when looking at your photos!  :D  :D  :D

expatpeter

expatpeter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Amazing...Really jealous when looking at your photos!  :D  :D  :D

Just imagine, I made them for you.

Maungmagan

Maungmagan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

New service announced, Golden Eagle Balloons.

Compare all three balloon opperators here...

www.southernmyanmar.com/cities/central-myanmar/bagan/

Enjoy the amazing Bagan

ShweGyi

ShweGyi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

New service announced, Golden Eagle Balloons.

Compare all three balloon opperators here...

www.southernmyanmar.com/cities/central-myanmar/bagan/

Enjoy the amazing Bagan

You mean you arrange the balloon trip! Please let me know the price if you can. My friends will come and visit to Bagan on next weeks. 

expatpeter

expatpeter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

You mean you arrange the balloon trip! Please let me know the price if you can. My friends will come and visit to Bagan on next weeks. 

Open the link,

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bagan, hot air balloon, Myanmar, sky view, flight

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users