Welcome to Mingalapar Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Solar panels in Myanmar

solar panel engergy green photovoltaic

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

corba78

corba78

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I know the country had just opened up and it's not really up to date on new technologies and energies, but I believe Myanmar should take the advantage of a late development to use more energy efficient products and greener ones.

So now I am wondering if there is any solar panels retail in Myanmar or if there is any opportunity to develop such energy in the country. Someone knows about that?

TS33

TS33

VIP Member

• Administrators
  • 2,125 posts
  • LocationBangkok

I don't know if there is any solar panel but with the weather in Myanmar, I can say that I'm sure that there will be an opportunity in the future in this domain.

There are many small villages in Myanmar which are not connected with any electric line, solar panel can be the solution for them but they will need first government help to be able to implement solar panel as they are very poor.

I think for now, the government is busy to give basic infrastructure to all the big city and small villages are still not a priority.

A journey of thousand miles begins with a single step!

Hsorino

Hsorino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Probably the government is giving priority to the big cities infrastructure, but they recently changed the government to have one ministry that focuses on rural area development, I think it means something and that rural areas might also have the government favors. 

I think there is about 80 percent of the people who are living in rural areas, so that would be a shame to leave them aside, plus this would indeed be a great idea to use solar power plants to provide electricity to the countryside. 

There has been nothing developed there when it comes to electricity (but not only), so it would be better to directly use a modern and ecological way of producing energy I think.

Max

Max

• Administrators
  • 2,436 posts
  • LocationBangkok

Hi Corba, 

I am not sure if there is already some solar panels retailing in Myanmar, but since China is by far the biggest producer of solar panels and knowing there presence in Burma, it's quite probable that you already have solar panels retailed in the country.

Moreover, development of solar panel power plants (or farms) has been announced recently, so I'm certain there is a future for this product on the Burmese ground. You can check the news here, but seeing the amount of investment announced, it might be hard to enter such market.

http://mingalapar.co...l=+solar +panel

Good luck,

Max

• corba78 likes this

Thet

Thet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
Actually solar system is not a new technology for Myanmar.Places that are not connected with electric line and places that do not get regular electricity use solar panels since 2007.Solar panel is not popular in big cities but I think there are at least ten solar retails in Yangon.And also can find solar panel retails at other cities as well.Of course,these are imported from China.But there are still many places in Myanmar that don't have knowledge about solar panel.So you still have a chance then.
  • corba78 likes this

corba78

corba78

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Hi everybody, 

Thanks a lot for your answers, that's really useful for me. I'm interested in that field and not afraid of competition, so never mind if there are already some retails in Yangon or big cities, if your product and service is good, I think you can compete and maybe do better.

@ Thet, do you know if any retail or wholesale of solar panels in Myanmar have website, so I could have a look? I didn't find any by google, at least none that is properly ranked.

Then I'll probably come to Myanmar to check the market and will need some advices, will ask later.

Thet

Thet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

@ Thet, do you know if any retail or wholesale of solar panels in Myanmar have website, so I could have a look? I didn't find any by google, at least none that is properly ranked.

Then I'll probably come to Myanmar to check the market and will need some advices, will ask later.

Sun Power Co.,Ltd  http://www.spsolarst...m/index-eng.htm This is a well-known retail in Yangon.

Max

Max

• Administrators
  • 2,436 posts
  • LocationBangkok

SunPower ?? Do they have anything to do with Sunpower group from China, or with Sunpower company from the US ? Or they just have the same name?

corba78

corba78

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Sun Power Co.,Ltd  http://www.spsolarst...m/index-eng.htm This is a well-known retail in Yangon.

Hey Thet, thanks for this link, I will surely have a look at their showroom or shop when I come to Myanmar.

Are you sure their shop still exist, because the website copyright is dated from 2010 and on the "our profile" page the most recent project they are mentioning is from 2003... Or is it only the website that is not up to date?

Thet

Thet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Hey Corba, I'm sorry.I gave you the wrong website address.I mixed up Myanmar Solar Power with Sun Power.I don't know Sun Power is still exist. The one that I wanted to mention is Myanmar Solar Power http://www.myanmarsolarpower.com/ .MSP is a subsidary company of Myanmar Thiha Group of Companies http://www.myanmarthiha.com/ .

@Max,they just have the same name.All solar panels in Myanmar is imported from China,Thailand and Japan.

corba78

corba78

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Hello Thet, 

This website looks more up to date than the previous one you sent me, thank you for that. It seems they are good with solar roadside lamps. I'll check there and see what they can sell.

IrwinVanloan

IrwinVanloan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I know the country had just opened up and it's not really up to date on new solar panels technologies and energies, but I believe Myanmar should take the advantage of a late development to use more energy efficient products and greener ones.

So now I am wondering if there is any solar panels retail in Myanmar or if there is any opportunity to develop such energy in the country. Someone knows about that?

Myanmar is ideal country to make most of solar power.. Plenty of sunshine is available and the power crises can easily be solved..

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: solar panel, engergy, green, photovoltaic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users