Welcome to Mingalapar Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Kabe Aye Pagoda - Shwe Gone Daing crossroad construction, Yangon ?

- - - - - Yangon bridge road construction

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Hsorino

Hsorino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Good morning to all.

I've been passing several times at the crossroad between Shwe Gone Daing road and Kaba Aye Pagoda road and has been anoyed as most of he people in Yangon, by this construction site and the traffic that it cause.

So I am asking this question for a while, what is it exactly and what is the purpose of it? 

It look like a bridge to go over the crossroad, but it doesn't really make sense for me. Was this crossroad really bad before they started the construction? Because it is now, but we all know the reason.

And if it is that, how many driving lanes will there be up there anybody know ? It seems very limited and one lane on each direction seem to be available downstairs when it will be over, wouldn't it create more traffic issues for those who want to turn on Shwe Gone Daing ? 

If they really wanted to improve the flow of vehicles, shouldn't they simply build an elevated road on several kilometers to ease traffic as they do in many big Asian cities ?

Anyway, looking forward to read your thoughts. 

Have a good day

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Yangon, bridge, road, construction

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users