Welcome to Mingalapar Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Yangon Inya Lake ferris wheel

amusement inya lake yangon ferris wheel safe

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Bigfoot

Bigfoot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Good afternoon Mingalagyis,

I saw that old Ferris Wheel the other day by Inya lake while I was on Kaba Aye pagoda road. Curious I stopped there to see how it was, but actually the wheel seems really old, painting cracking all over and not really maintained.

Has anyone ever tried this Ferris Wheel, is it safe ? Is it even working actually ?

I think that could be quite cool to ride this wheel and have a top view of the Lake, but I fear that as soon as I am in, it will just crumble away and fall. 

Anyone keen on sharing his/her experience on that wheel would be appreciated  ;)

Ros

Ros

• PC Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
Hi Big foot, I have tried more than 3 times that old ferris wheel. The wheel goes around very slowly so it is safe, but the windows are broken already and not safe for young children. Note. the wheel goes only one round for one time. Do you want to ride 2/3times??? Please buy 2/3tickets and give to the guard. :-) Enjoin the ride, Ros

teton

teton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationYangon

Hi Ros,

Wow, I didn't know that its still working. How's the scenery on the top? I haven't try a ferry's wheel more that 15 years, and Im still hesitant to try again :wacko: .

-Teton

Ros

Ros

• PC Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
Hi teton, Don't be hesitate to try it. Just bring your camera and go up. :P We are looking forward to see the photos... ;) Actually, I couldn't enjoyed the scenery on the top well since I went with my 5years old nephew. As I told, the windows are broken already and had to be very careful with the inside situation. :(

teton

teton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationYangon

Hi Ros,

I will pass on this one :wacko: . I feel sick the last time I try, i remember i'm sweating cold and my stomach turning up-side down.

Yup, you need to be very compose to watch over your nephew. You should try it again so you can have a good view on the scenery on top.

-Teton

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: amusement, inya lake, yangon, ferris wheel, safe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users