Welcome to Mingalapar Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Taunggyi balloon festival

taunggyi ballon festival

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

vegeta

vegeta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Good day everybody, I will be in Myanmar next month and I'm still thinking if I should attend the Taunggyi balloon festival, do you think it's worth it?

If I decide to go, is it hard to get bus or train ticket and hotel room during the festival?

Finally, how long does the festival last? From which date to which date? Many thanks.

aster

aster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • LocationYangon

Hi Vegata, 

Welcome to Mingalapar forum. For Taunggyi Festival is one of the popular festival in Myanmar. You should not miss the chance to attend that festival when you come to here. 

The festival will be from 11th to 18th Nov. You can go and visit to the Inlay Lake while you attend the balloon festival because it is just 1 or 2 hour drive from Taungyi. But you need to book the hotel as soon as possible after you decided to attend. For bus ticket, you can easily get the ticket after you arrive here since a lot of bus company will compete this seasonal festival. 

Enjoy your trip!!! 

vegeta

vegeta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Hi Aster,

great information, thank you! I already check the hotel prices and it is :angry:  :blink:  :wacko:  but if it's worth it, I guess I'll pay for it, I'm not going to Myanmar everyday, it might be a one time life trip.

So will I be able to see Air Balloon everyday from 11th to 18th Nov and it is only on specific day?

aster

aster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • LocationYangon

Hi Vegeta, 

You can see all air balloon festival everyday from 11th to 18th Nov. But the full moon day of Tazaungdai is 17th Nov. So, there might be more balloons or some special event near the full moon. Sorry, I couldn't give the exact information about it since I haven't attend this festival yet. I might join this year festival in Taungyi as well and it will become my very first time. 

Enjoy your trip. :)

Max

Max

• Administrators
  • 2,436 posts
  • LocationBangkok

Mmmm wish I could go there, not sure yet I will have the time, need to get ready for the Burmese podcast team to come :).

I just watched some pictures on google, it seems to be awesome !! Do they have the balloons for a whole week, or only a few days out of the seven days ?

By the way, will it be the first you will go there, I'm not sure I ever asked you ?

All the best,

Max

teton

teton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationYangon

I hope I can also attend this festival if not this year, maybe in the future.

If there will be a 4 straight non-working days for Tazaungmone festival, i might go. Traveling for 12 hours is very tiring -_-

-Teton

vegeta

vegeta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Thank all of you for the information! My hotel is booked already and I'm ready to see this wonderful festival :P

aster

aster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • LocationYangon

Mmmm wish I could go there, not sure yet I will have the time, need to get ready for the Burmese podcast team to come :).

I just watched some pictures on google, it seems to be awesome !! Do they have the balloons for a whole week, or only a few days out of the seven days ?

By the way, will it be the first you will go there, I'm not sure I ever asked you ?

All the best,

Max

Hey Max, 

You can see the hot air balloons everyday for 1 week. There might be more special event near full moon. Although I've been to taungyi for once, this time will be my first time to see hot air balloon festival. I am so excited to go there. 

With Best, 

Max

Max

• Administrators
  • 2,436 posts
  • LocationBangkok

Hey Aster,

Take a lot of pictures while you are there and share them with us. I don't know if I can go and since I may not, at least I want to travel through pictures of others :)

Cheers,

aster

aster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • LocationYangon

Hey Aster,

Take a lot of pictures while you are there and share them with us. I don't know if I can go and since I may not, at least I want to travel through pictures of others :)

Cheers,

Sure!!! I'll take a lot of photos and share here. But may not be in good shot like teton. :( I need to learn more about setting with different scene. I even haven't checked the photos of full moon day yet. How about you?? Got a good one?? 

• Max likes this

aster

aster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • LocationYangon

Thank all of you for the information! My hotel is booked already and I'm ready to see this wonderful festival :P

hello vegeta, Have you buy your ticket to taungyi?? It is difficult to seize the space in this period. Its better to buy the ticket as early as possible. Even I faced some difficulty to get the ticket. Hope you can get your ticket too and enjoy the festival!!!

Max

Max

• Administrators
  • 2,436 posts
  • LocationBangkok

Sure!!! I'll take a lot of photos and share here. But may not be in good shot like teton. :( I need to learn more about setting with different scene. I even haven't checked the photos of full moon day yet. How about you?? Got a good one?? 

I got a few nice shots from Thadingyut, but not that great I think... I'm still learning !!

I'm sure your pictures should be better than mine, then I don't doubt about having nice pictures from Taunggyi to see :)... 

aster

aster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • LocationYangon
hello Mingalagyis, I am just came back from Taungyi balloon festival. I will come up with some pics of that festival after checking my photos. Stay tune in!!!

TS33

TS33

VIP Member

• Administrators
  • 2,125 posts
  • LocationBangkok

hello Mingalagyis, I am just came back from Taungyi balloon festival. I will come up with some pics of that festival after checking my photos. Stay tune in!!!

Cannot wait to see your pictures Aster, I'm sure you have a lot of fun.

Vegeta, did you go to the festival as well?

A journey of thousand miles begins with a single step!

aster

aster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • LocationYangon

Hi Mingalagyis!!

Long time no see!! Sorry for my late post. I have been busy for a while. Here is the some of the nice photos to enjoy. More will come up later. :) because internet connection is not favourable to upload many photos!!

Attached Files

• Max likes this

TS33

TS33

VIP Member

• Administrators
  • 2,125 posts
  • LocationBangkok

Great photos Aster, thanks for sharing. I hope I can make it to Taunggyi next year.

A journey of thousand miles begins with a single step!

Max

Max

• Administrators
  • 2,436 posts
  • LocationBangkok

Thanks a lot Aster, I regret even more now that I didn't come to Taunggyi balloon festival this more, these are really beautiful pictures, you must have enjoyed it there. Did they have balloon like that every night during the festival?

Cheers,

Max

NicholasH

NicholasH

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Can you guys please tell me that Ferris wheels from the following documentary are from Taunggyi balloon festival or not. i've never read or noticed about that wheels in any news. Thanks in advance! 

aster

aster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • LocationYangon

Hi NicholasH, 

I could confirm that the ferry wheel in this documentary is from Taunggyi Balloon Festival as I witnessed two years ago. But you can see the ferry wheel even in Yangon during October and November. But it may not be that big in Yangon. 

Max

Max

• Administrators
  • 2,436 posts
  • LocationBangkok

There is a ferries wheel all year in Yangon next Inya lake isn't it?? 

But not sure it is actually operable passed by several times, never saw it functioning...  :unsure:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users