Welcome to Mingalapar Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Rental cost in Shopping Mall

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

SKP

SKP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Hello,

Could any body has any experience or know opening the retail stores in Shopping mall at Yangon, may be in Junction Square. I guess that is the most better sales mall? 

I would like to know what are the process  and how much would that be cost per month, if i am opening a shop like selling shoes, bags, etc.. 

And those ppl who already have experience opening stores in JS, will you recommend and consider opening the retail store is profitable ? Appreciate for your advise.

Cheers~!

Max

Max

• Administrators
  • 2,436 posts
  • LocationBangkok

Good morning SKP,

I have not the information for all Shopping malls around town, but I checked already price for a booth at Dagon Center 2. 

So if you want to rent a 10 square meters booth (around 90 square feet I think), it is roughly 200 USD or 200000 Kyats a month. After, it depends the size of shop that you want to have but if you want to sell shoes or bags, I believe you might need more than that, but that can give you a general idea.

If you are looking to rent a space in Junction Square though, I think price would more expensive since it is the most popular mall in town. My guess would be around double price, so 400 USD per 10 square meters I think. 

However, you have to consider that the shops renting in these malls have at least a one year contract with the mall owners and if there is not available space for you in a mall, you will have to wait that a space become available. I am not sure that offering higher price for the same space works, depends on the Mall company's rules.

If you want to know exactly, just go to Junction Square and ask the management, they can give you all information you need I believe.

Last but not least, I think that I cannot tell you whether you will be profitable or not, you have to calculate all the costs involved in your business and make forecast on your sales, only then you will be able to see your business forecasted profitability. 

But anyway, any shop can be profitable I think, as long as you are good at doing it, providing good service, having good products and managing well your shop would lead you to profits for sure, you just have to do it right and believe in your project ;).

Cheers and good luck in your shop project.

Max

SKP

SKP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Hi Max, Thanks to the Max! for your reply.

Well.. 200USD per sqft is kinda expensive, i would say.

In Singapore, with Singapore Dollar only 11$ per sqft cost in the shopping mall.. With such big amount of capitalization, how well can do biz in MM.

Cheers~ 

Max

Max

• Administrators
  • 2,436 posts
  • LocationBangkok

Hi SKP, you're very welcome. 

But actually you didn't understand me clearly, 200 USD is for 10 square meters or 107 square feet. So the price per sqft is only 1.86 USD in Dagon Center 2, but as I said, it might be double in Junction Square, so price per sqft in Junction Square could be around 3.70 USD. 

Thus, with this kind of prices, I am quite sure you could do some business.

Cheers,

Max

SKP

SKP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Oh! I see.. Yeah.. that make more sense..haha. 

TQVM!

Thet

Thet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Hi SKP, The cost to lease one retail space(I think around 180 square feet but I'm not so sure) in Taw Win Center is K600,000 per month. There is a new shopping centre call "Hledan Centre" will be opened in Hledan,Kamayut Township.It isn't open yet but I guess it'll open within a few months.You can check it here http://www.sgmyanmar.sg/hledon-centre .I did a small business with my friends in Hledan for about a year and with my experience,Hledan is a good place for selling bags and shoes especially that are intended for younger people.It is a densely populated area and universities and school are located nearby.Or do you want to sell branded things?If so,I guess JS is more better than Hledan.I think this kind of business can be profitable if you do things right.And also find the weaknesses of other retail stores.I think the main weakness of retail stores in Yangon would be service.Most of the stores don't provide good service.

Good luck with your business!

erico

erico

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

do anyone knows the rental fees for shoplot in yangon ?

eric1123

eric1123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

i would like to know rental for shop lot too.

Billy the kid

Billy the kid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

What kind of shop are you looking for? In a mall or just a stall/shop in the street?

eric1123

eric1123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

shop in the street will be better

BurgeonConcept

BurgeonConcept

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi eric, my partner and i are also currently hunting for a shop. Just to share, the rentals can vary depending on size and location. and the dynamics is further complicated due to various conditions such as parking space, corner, the ownership status. basically the cheapest we had found to open a decent size space was from 500 to 4500 USD for a street front shop. you can reach me at lawmarcus at gmai if you might want further details. 

7thmaze

7thmaze

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi eric, my partner and i are also currently hunting for a shop. Just to share, the rentals can vary depending on size and location. and the dynamics is further complicated due to various conditions such as parking space, corner, the ownership status. basically the cheapest we had found to open a decent size space was from 500 to 4500 USD for a street front shop. you can reach me at lawmarcus at gmai if you might want further details. 

Hi BurgeonConcept, may I know how did you hunt for a shop; through agents? Any recommendation? Thank you. 

kagoos

kagoos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Does anyone know the current rates to rent promotional space in medium price shopping malls in yangon?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users