Welcome to Mingalapar Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Swensen's ice cream shop to open in Junction Maw Tin

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Hsorino

Hsorino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

This is a fantastic news to every Yangon ice cream lovers, as I am. 

I was shopping around downtown a few days ago and stopped at Junction Maw Tin and what was my surprise when I saw that they are preparing to open a Swensen's shop there.

For those who don't know Swensen's, it's an American ice cream cafe, where they serve great frozen deserts and some cakes. 

Maybe I am wrong, but I think it will be the first Swensen's in Myanmar, or Yangon at least !! 

I love this brand, they're gonna see me very often :).

I don't know when exactly they will open by the sign where showing "opening soon"... 

SOoooo good !!  :P

shwe

shwe

• PC Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Thanks for sharing that you saw American café at Juction Maw Tin . This is only Ice Cream ? Any have Coffee ? I don't like ice cream but I love coffee . I want to read book drinking coffee when it's raining at outside .

:)

Shwe

Npali ma kyoso par taw  :)

TS33

TS33

VIP Member

• Administrators
  • 2,122 posts
  • LocationBangkok

I hope it's not a copy one like the previous KFC  :)

A journey of thousand miles begins with a single step!

Hsorino

Hsorino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Hahaha, I understand your concerns TS33, but I really think this shop was genuine. If you check Swensen's official website, there is an article from 2012 about the company planning to open a branch in Yangon by 2013.

And the fact that this is in Junction Mawtin and not in a random road, plus the advertising and logo which looks pretty real, make me think that this is not a pale copy of this wonderful ice cream shop, I'm afraid I will be gaining weight soon  :(

thefatkidinside

thefatkidinside

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

They are opening in Dagon Center too!!!! And guess what?!?!?! There's a Pizza Company beside it! Yey!!!!

Kazoo

Kazoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Mmmm, I'm really looking forward to eat some of their ice creams... 

Will they also have some iced cakes in Myanmar?

Does anyone know if they already opened in Junction Maw Tin, it's been a while I didn't go there.

Sorry the fat kid inside, I'm not a great fan of the Pizza Company. 

How can they open just next to each other, is it the same company?

fordcruz

fordcruz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

ICE CREAM! ooh I would love ice cream! Great news :)
I always been hooked up with ice cream, they are such delicous stress reliever. Awesome!

Hsorino

Hsorino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Yes, everyone loves ice-cream I think, always a divine pleasure to feel the fresh delicacy inundate your palate with flavors  :P… I could really have one just right now. Anyway, did someone know if Swensen's is already open in Yangon?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users