Welcome to Mingalapar Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How to go to Hpa-An

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Blackjack

Blackjack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Hi everyone,

I am willing to make a trip to Myanmar this year or the following but I would like to gather some information before that. Your forum have given me already some answers, but here is one I didn't see threads about, do you know how to go to Hpa-An, as I would like to go there ?

I'll appreciate any intel, thanks

Max

Max

• Administrators
  • 2,436 posts
  • LocationBangkok

Hi BlackJack,

Welcome to Mingalapar.

It's pretty easy to go to Hpa-An actually, if you are already in Moulmein (Mawlamyine), there are buses from there to Hpa-An every hour of the day and it takes about two hours, price of the bus is around 2000 kyat.

Have a good trip,

Cheers

Max

Blackjack

Blackjack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Thanks for the information, but as I said I'm trying to plan a trip long time in advance and there are still many things I don't know about Myanmar. So, I get that you need to take a bus from Mawlamyine to go to Hpa-An, but how do you get to Mawlamyine from Yangon ? And is it an interesting place to stay ? Are there any places you can or should stop on the way ?

Thank you,

Hsorino

Hsorino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Seems you need to learn some more about Myanmar before going there indeed, hope I can be of help.

If you want to go to Moulmein or Mawlamyine, you can take a bus from Yangon, it should be around 20000 to 25000 kyat. However, if you ask, you should definitely stop in Kyaiktio on the way. It's the place where you can admire one of the most famous Myanmar attraction, the golden rock. If you are going this way from Yangon, you should not miss it, and even if it is not in your plans, Mt. Kyaiktio and its Golden Rock is a must see. I don't remember exactly but bus fare should be around 8000 to 10000 kyat, and then from Kyaiktio (when you come from Yangon, you should actually stop at Kinpun), you can take a bus to Mawlamyine.

If you want to go Yangon, Kyaiktio and Hpa-An, you should probably have to stop in Mawlamyine for the night, but actually there isn't anything amazing about this city, I would even say it is a bit seedy, a few temples on the top of city, the sunset to be watched from the river and a slightly colonial architecture are the highlights of the city. For me it is not worse staying more than half a day.

MadamR

MadamR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

how to save hpaan? 

cloudyyangon

cloudyyangon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationYangon, Myanmar

Do you know about this place? It's Mountain Taung Wine from Hpa-An, Kayin state. Please share some information about it,how to go,where,etc. plz plz plz..  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users