Welcome to Mingalapar Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Tourist visa without Consualte visit

- - - - - tourist visa visa on arrival

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Slowker

Slowker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Hi,

I'm British but live in Indonesia. I phoned the Myanmar Consulate here over 50 times (I checked my phone) over 3 days but nobody ever picked up. I emailed them and received this curious reply;

"this mail address is Fucked By Myanmar Muslim Cyber Force. Give back freedom for Myanmar Muslim people."

I finally found out on another forum the only way to get a tourist visa would be for me to fly 2 hours to Jakarta, stay there in a hotel for 3-4 days, then fly back. Obviously I'm not keen to do this.

I contacted both these companies but received no reply;

magadotravel@gmail.com

www.myanmar-visa.org

I successfully arranged a visa in advance when I came to Myanmar a few years ago with this company (they met me at the airport with my visa);

www.yangonow.com

But now that website says this service is no longer available except for group tours, but I will be travelling independently. Anyway, that 'news' on their website is 3 years old.

I read on this forum that true visa-on-arrival issued by the Government is slated for the end of the year - but I've lived in this part of the world long enough not to trust such deadlines.

I've already booked my flights to Myanmar and my schedule doesn't allow enough time for me to visit the Myanmar Consulate in Singapore or Bangkok.

So, I'm really stuck. I desperately need a tourist visa as I arrive on January 27.

My question (finally): is there any reliable company you can recommend who can arrange a tourist visa for me online which I can collect at Yangon airport? I will be meeting my parents who are both in their 80's, flying in separately from the UK, so don’t want anything to go wrong.

Thanks in Advance.

eric28

eric28

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I applied for visa with http://www.myanmarvisa.org, it was fast. They informed me about 10 days but finally I got it in 5 days.

Slowker

Slowker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

A quick update for everybody;

I went through the whole process online with www.myanmarvisa.org however finally when it came to the payment it seems their PayPal account has been suspended so I was unable to complete the payment process.

Instead I applied online with www.myanmarvisa.com and was able to complete the process easily online. I received the documents via email less than 10 days later.

Hope this helps.

Sasha

Sasha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Thanks Slowker, that's great information. I was not sure how should I apply for the visa, now I know :).

Do you mind telling me what was the agent's fee and what are you expected to pay at the custom when you arrive for that visa?

Thank you

Marie23

Marie23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hey Sasha,

$55... I got my visa on arrival with birma.com

It was the cheapest when I checked...

You can apply online. I hope it helps :)

Cheers,

Sasha

Sasha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Hello Marie,

Thanks for your link, it seems to be the cheapest indeed :), it surely helps!!

How long did the process took? 

Did you already travel to Myanmar and actually got your visa on arrival at the airport?

Best,

Marie23

Marie23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hey Sasha,

Yes, I got my visa at the airport as expected... Now my trip is over and I'm back home :(

On the website they said 10 days but I got it in 8. Anyway, there was no emmergency.

Cheers

Slowker

Slowker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Do you mind telling me what was the agent's fee and what are you expected to pay at the custom when you arrive for that visa?

Thank you

The agent's fee was $75 and nothing to pay at the airport.

eric28

eric28

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Just to reconfirm : birma is not as cheap as www.myanmarvisa.org, you pay 55 then 30 at the airport, total 85usd and as slower said myanmarvisa.org charges only 75usd and you pay nothing at the airport

I just checked again on this site, now you can pay easily online with credit card, they have fixed the problem of payment already.

You can check their fees here :

http://www.myanmarvisa.org/visa-fees

Sasha

Sasha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Thanks for the update Eric!!

How did you know about Birma.com's rates, did you use them recently? Not very fair from them to advertise as being the cheapest one if in the end they are not and you need to pay extra charges a the airport :(.

Sasha

Sasha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

I'm now checking both websites and it's a bit confusing for me.

Indeed, on myanmarvisa.org , they say the following:

"Our service fees ( from $55)  is competive while you will have the responsive support from our team for free information even weekend."

"It costs $30 for the stamp fee and service fees to archieve the approval letter."

So if my understanding is good, myanmarvisa.org should be $85.

But they also mention this, when you want to apply:

"1. Normal processing takes 10 to 14 working days. Price $ 50/person"
"2. Fast processing takes 5 working days. Price: $75/ person"

And then on birma.com, the following:

"Only $55 for the visa approval letter, we are currently the cheapest online travel agency to provide this service!"

"Please make sure you have the following documents to issue your visa at the airport: US$30 in cash for Visa fees"

Which actually as Eric said, that obtaining a VOA with them is also $85.

Is it correct, can somebody who used these agents help me? I'm a bit lost here.

And if they are indeed both $85, which one would you recommend? Which one has the best service?

Thanks

Marie23

Marie23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hey Sasha,

I used birma.com and paid $55 for the approval letter + $30 at the airport...

Make sure that other websites include fees at airport if you pay $75 or more...

It looks strange that $30 are included with some websites because everybody had to pay at the "visa on arrival" counter.

Good luck.

eric28

eric28

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Hi Sasha,

Probably, you visited myanmarvisa.org when it is not updated.
Their service is $50 as I can see from the homepage now + $30 at the airport so in total $80, still cheaper than www.birma.com
I have no experience with www.birma.com, but I checked the visa fees when I came to Myanmar last time so I acknowledge their advertising is not true.

They said they are the cheapest but actually not. You pay $55 + $30 = $85. It is very clear that they are not the cheapest, they just take out the other agencies who are more expensive than them.
Moreover, they offer only 1 option for minimum 10 working days but other agencies like myanmarvisa.com or myanmarvisa.org can do fast procedure also

Marie23

Marie23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hey Eric 28,

Are you working for Myanmarvisa.org to know when they update their website? :P... They say "from $50"...

Even if I paid $5 more with Birma.com, I don't mind, their service was good and they replied quickly...

We spend so much money in Myanmar anyway ($2500 in total!). Hotels are so expensive! :o

Cheers

• Sasha likes this

eric28

eric28

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Hi,

I do not want to create any debate here and I am working for none of the mentioned company. However, the point here is you supported the main thing birma.com offers the cheapest visa service but they are not. 

$55... I got my visa on arrival with birma.com

It was the cheapest when I checked...

• Sasha likes this

YangonStyle

YangonStyle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationShanghai, China

myanmarvisa.org is indeed cheaper than burma.com for the same service. Both companies ask you to pay 30 USD at arrival, which is the standard fee you pay for VOA at airport visa counter. 

Then for the agent fees, Birma charges 55 USD while myanmarvisa charges 50 USD, for delivery within 10 days for both websites. So if the service is exactly the same, I guess that going for Myanmarvisa is the best option.

For those who are in a hurry they offer for a fee of 75 USD + 30 USD a fast VOA service with your visa ready in 5 days.

And no, I'm not working for neither of them :) !!! Just happen to search on the subject as well.

Have a great trip Sasha

• Sasha likes this

Slowker

Slowker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Just got back from Myanmar - what a great trip!

My Visa on Arrival arranged with www.myanmarvisa.com worked without problem and cost $75 online with nothing to pay at the airport.

• Sasha likes this

Sasha

Sasha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Thank you all for helping and sharing your experience, I'm sure I can't collect more information than I already collected from you guys.  :)

You've all been a great help !!

Best,

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tourist visa, visa on arrival

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users