Welcome to Mingalapar Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

GPS Navigation

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

smbenny

smbenny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi,

We are going to Yangon in March, just wondering is there any GPS Navigation/map that we can use ? any recomendation about the brand?

Thanks

myat

myat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Hi smbenny

Polar star has a few GPS units in the market. As far as the accuracy, I can't tell for sure as I haven 't used one yet. They are reasonably priced...

There ar also a few Myanmar Apps available on Andoird Play store. I find an app called "Brillant Directory" useful as it includes all major street, POI and business directories. Google Map is also another alternate option to use; just make sure you download the map offline...

Attached Files

BradClark

BradClark

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

If you have a smartphone the easiest way would be to use google maps (make sure you have offline maps downloaded to your phone before hand). These are pretty accurate and up to date. In my experiance GPS units can be a little bit goofy at times and give you odd paths to take.

smbenny

smbenny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

thanks guys for the informations........

Salmonela

Salmonela

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Just be aware, Google maps (and actually any other map I've seen electronic or paper) many of the "lesser" streets are not translated into roman characters. 

Buthere2

Buthere2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hello smbenny. I am afraid that I'm a little bit late :) But I want to add my two cents :D Everyone do concentrate on brands of gps trackers. But these trackers do work on the same principle as any other. The GPS is universal technology. The big and significant difference is in gps software. That's true, if you are traveling on foreign country you do not need any custom functions, just a plain and informational navigation application. I've experience with some of devices that there is an option to update a gps software on any gps device. (Keep in mind, I am talking not about gps navigations map update, but about gps device software update!) As far as I've been using garmin, Coban, Xexun, Teltonica gps trackers, and a wide range of smartphones on Android and Iphone infrastructure. Everyone is capable to be updated with mobile tracking software that I get from above mentioned gps wox. Also there is an option to use it competitor gps-server applications. But they do lack of comfortable interface :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users