Welcome to Mingalapar Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Top place to visit in Mandalay

Mandalay

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Brian

Brian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I am not sure yet whether I will have a lot of time to visit Mandalay and the surrounding area, so I'm asking your help on what is the most interesting thing to visit in Mandalay. Otherwise said, if you could visit one thing only in Mandalay, what would it be?

And if you could tell me why you would chose that place, that would be great.

aster

aster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • LocationYangon

I am not sure yet whether I will have a lot of time to visit Mandalay and the surrounding area, so I'm asking your help on what is the most interesting thing to visit in Mandalay. Otherwise said, if you could visit one thing only in Mandalay, what would it be?

And if you could tell me why you would chose that place, that would be great.

If I have very limited to visit Mandalay, I will go to Mandalay Hill and enjoy the sunset as it is very near to the downtown and don't take much time to visit there. The magnificent scene will make me satisfy the whole trip even though it is short time. 

wanderingwanderluster

wanderingwanderluster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationEurope

We ourselves had limited time in Mandalay. If you have only one day you'll need to pick between a tour around the Ancient cities of Ava, Amarapura and Sagaing Hill or whether you want to explore the city, Mandalay Hill and Mingun. 

We did both. However I much preferred the boat ride to Mingun in the morning which returns at 1pm. It leaves you the rest of the day to check out the city maybe Sagaing Hill and then head up to Mandalay Hill for sunset if you so wish. 

http://www.thewander...-mandalay-hill/

Saisai

Saisai

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 618 posts

Moreover, there's a place that shouldn't forget to visit. it's shwenandaw monastery. it was built in 1880 by King Thibaw Min and it is known for its teak carvings of Buddhist myths, which adorn its walls and roofs.

The monastery is built in the traditional Burmese architectural style and it is the single remaining major original structure of the original Royal Palace today. 

Attached File  Shwe 2.jpg   197.2KB   0 downloadsAttached File  Shwe 3.jpg   183.27KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Shwe 4.jpg   174.39KB   0 downloadsAttached File  Shwe 5.jpg   328.22KB   0 downloads

Attached File  shwe 6.jpg   1.09MB   0 downloadsAttached File  shwe 7.JPG   228.8KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Shwe.jpg   193.02KB   0 downloads

Newyork

Newyork

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Attached File  Mandalay hill.jpg   50.58KB   0 downloads

May be out of topic! but i just wanna know the meaning of that lion statue. Can anybody help me please! it's the photo of Mandalay Hill, a famous tourist attraction site of Mandalay. Am I right?

I'm just a beginner about Myanmar. 

lover14

lover14

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

I can't stay anymore in Mandalay. It's too hot! The electricity supply is not perfect as well! Where should I go? Should i go to Sagaing? I hope it can be cooler than Mdy! 

Saisai

Saisai

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 618 posts

I can't stay anymore in Mandalay. It's too hot! The electricity supply is not perfect as well! Where should I go? Should i go to Sagaing? I hope it can be cooler than Mdy! 

Yeah! Sagaing Hill will help you for sure to relieve from Mandalay heat stress :) 

Attached File  Sagaing-temples_3449156a-large.jpg   64.07KB   0 downloads

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mandalay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users