Welcome to Mingalapar Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Myanmar weighs in on booming online food shops

- - - - - foods online

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

BurmeseNews

BurmeseNews

VIP Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,041 posts

Myanmar's online food shops have become very popular among the country’s millions of Internet users, giving restaurants and street food shops a run for their money.

As the internet has become widely used in Myanmar, people have taken to online shopping, importing clothes and accessories mainly from Thailand and Singapore as well as dried or fried food, snacks and recipes using social media.

According to a survey by the Myanmar ICT Development Organisation (MIDO) conducted in June, almost 14 million Myanmar people aged 18 to 64 use Facebook.

“Of course, the number of food sellers on social media has increased. Crab recipes are selling like hotcakes,” Khine Su Wai, who has sold hotpot and crab recipes online for the past year and a half, told Weekend.

People order food online when the food is not easy to make or when they are too lazy to cook. One can get special food online anytime they want, especially when it’s raining or when it’s inconvenient to go out to eat.

Yuzana Khin, an avid online shopper who started purchasing knick-knacks in 2014 then graduated to ordering food online, said buying food online is similar to buying food at a restaurant.

“For example, Mote Hninn Karr - the traditional Myanmar soup sold in almost every shop - does not always taste good, even in a well-known shop,” she said. “It’s the same when you order food online. I try once, and I continue ordering and sharing with friends if it is good. If not, I don’t order again.”

“I’ ve receive many defective things when I order online, but not food. Most of the food I order online is good and tasty,” said Yuzana Khin, who said she always checks customer reviews and feedback for an online shop before she places an order.

But 46-year-old Richard, who likes to find and eat good food at restaurants, is wary.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: foods, online

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users