Welcome to Mingalapar Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Could someone be so kind to translate if possible?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

blnz520

blnz520

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I came across two Buddha bronze statues with what I believe is Burmese Myanmar script. It would be amazing if someone could tell me what they say. Is it a prayer or other? 

Thank you in advance

Bob

IMG_20170826_170108783.jpg

IMG_20170826_170101366.jpg

7DaysTours

7DaysTours

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

statues is amazing. I think it is Buddhist hymn or sloka.

Are you looking for a Myanmar travel agency that could provide optimal trips at reasonable rates? If yes, feel free to contact 7 Days Travels and Tours. This organization has been working since years and is known for offering tour packages to all the major destinations located at Myanmar.

PatrickMorris

PatrickMorris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

I am fully agree with @7DaysTours. It is Buddhist sloka.

Indochina Travel Company is the leading travel operator that has gained huge recognition for providing customized tour packages to the clients at pocket-friendly rates. The destinations that this agency covers include Japan, Thailand, China, India, Myanmar and many others.

blnz520

blnz520

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Thank you Patrick and 7 Days, I think they are amazing. They seem to show some age, but not sure how old,

Does this look like Burmese? I am wondering if it is modern writing or writing not used now.. 

cloudyyangon

cloudyyangon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationYangon, Myanmar

The alphabets are definitely burmese words. But it's not modern writing and I can't even understand it. Might be one of the ancient languages of ethnic minority of Myanmar like Mon, Rakhine or Shan. In the second photo, I know the year 1258 which is a traditional year (still widely used, 2017 is 1379). so, we can assume that it's more than 100 years. 

blnz520

blnz520

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Thank you so much cloudyyangon, I thought it was old based on tarnish/ patina on the inside of the pieces (not pictured) but great to know it has a date..

This is a big help, again thank you

blnz520

blnz520

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

cloudyyangon, can you tell me the date 1258?

Thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users