Welcome to Mingalapar Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

With Anticipation, Rangoon Youths Prepare for Water Festival

- - - - - pandal water festival Thingyan Yangon

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Max

Max

• Administrators
  • 2,436 posts
  • LocationBangkok

RANGOON — Young people in Rangoon are eagerly gearing up for Thingyan, a four-day Buddhist water festival that begins in two weeks to celebrate the Burmese New Year.

This year’s festival is expected to be the biggest yet, with more platforms known as pandals from which to drench passing pedestrians with water cannons and hoses.

“Since the middle of March, my friends and I have been preparing for the festival by buying new clothes and pandal tickets,” says 20-year-old Su Pyae Honey, adding that she always prepares in advance for her favorite festival. “All tiredness from the year goes away after playing in the water festival.”

Wai Yan Linn, a 19-year-old in Mandalay, Burma’s second-biggest city, plans to spend two days playing at a pandal and the rest of the festival riding around town on a motorcycle.

“I’m really excited. As soon as I hear Thingyan music and songs, I want to dance,” he says, adding that he enjoys the camaraderie and playfulness of the festival.

Read more: http://www.irrawaddy...r-festival.html

Hsorino

Hsorino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Can't wait to attend to this year's Thingyan!! It's going to be amazing  :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pandal, water festival, Thingyan, Yangon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users