Welcome to Mingalapar Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Thingyan at Inle Lake or elsewhere in Shan State?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Billy the kid

Billy the kid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

I'm thinking about stoping in Myanmar during Thingyan festival and since I attended this festival already in Yangon, I was eager to discover it in some other place. Anybody went to Inle Lake, or Shan State to a greater extend for Thingyan? 

Where do you guys recommend to do it, are there some particular celebrations? 

TS33

TS33

VIP Member

• Administrators
  • 2,123 posts
  • LocationBangkok

Too much water in Inle lake for the tradtional water fighting, you might sunk :)

Why not try another big city and go to Mandalay?

A journey of thousand miles begins with a single step!

Billy the kid

Billy the kid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Yeah lol, at least you have enough supplies of water if you are by the Lake for Thingyan  :P.

Actually I'm trying to avoid the big cities, even though Thingyan might be outstanding in Mandalay, but I am looking for something somewhat more traditional and more local, not the big parties with the huge pandas as they organize in Yangon and probably in Mandalay.

Did you ever attend Thingyan in Mandalay? How was it?

aster

aster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • LocationYangon

Yeah lol, at least you have enough supplies of water if you are by the Lake for Thingyan  :P.

Actually I'm trying to avoid the big cities, even though Thingyan might be outstanding in Mandalay, but I am looking for something somewhat more traditional and more local, not the big parties with the huge pandas as they organize in Yangon and probably in Mandalay.

Did you ever attend Thingyan in Mandalay? How was it?

If you go to Mandalay in Thingyan, it will be as crowded as Yangon. I am not sure about Inlay lake but Taunggyi also the same situation as Yangon but not as crowded as Yangon. So, if you want to enjoy in new places, Inlay lake and taunggyi  will be a good place as the weather is not as hot as Yangon and Mandalay. But you better to get wet whenever you go around Myanmar. 

Good luck. 

Billy the kid

Billy the kid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Is there any particular spot in Taunggyi or around the lake that is specifically good?

Even somewhere else I'm fine!! Really looking for a great place in Shan State. Some very traditional celebrations would also be amazing… But don't know if I could see it, if I am not with a local.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users