Welcome to Mingalapar Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Yangon Academy School or International School Myanmar(ISM)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Richard

Richard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi all,
I would like to know which international school is the best in Yangon. My son is now studying at a secondary school which is Singapore Government School. We want our son to transfer from Singapore school to Myanmar international school. We are considering for Yangon Academy school and International School Myanmar(ISM). But the school fees are different by almost half. So we don't know which one to choose. Please give us advice. Thanks a lot.

Haymar

Haymar

• PC Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Hi Richard,

International schools in Myanmar are slightly different from each other. The curriculum that each school uses is also different. To be honest, we cannot say which one is the best. They are good in their own way. Some schools use Singaporian Syllaus and some use American or British curriculum.

So far, International School Yangon (ISY) and Yangon International School (YIS) are the most famous ones in Yangon. They have very qualified teachers all over the world and they have very good supports for learning environment. They are quite expensive as well. ISM seems to stand in third place among these three schools.

Yangon Academy is quite smaller compared to those schools. But it's the best to those who like such a close society in the school.

One of my friends went to YA in person to enquire about it. YA staffs are so cool and they explained everything about school, especially the curriculum. If the curriculum is different and doesn't suit to the curriculum that your child is currently studying or studied in Singapore before, they will surely give you suggesstions which other schools you can choose in Yangon.

I don't think school fees make the quality of teaching-learning process different. Fees might be different as the facilities they support to the students are different.

So, please don't worry even if you chose the cheap school. It should be fine.

Hope you find a right school for your child!

Richard

Richard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thank you so much Haymar! :)

Max

Max

• Administrators
  • 2,436 posts
  • LocationBangkok

Good evening Richard,

If you want more information about International Schools in Yangon, you could also read this article on Mingalapar blog, it might give you additional information.

http://mingalapar.co...ool-in-myanmar/

Good luck and hope your kid will enjoy its new school!

Richard

Richard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks Max!

brainworks

brainworks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hi Richard,

Hope you and your son is doing well,

I want to refer you Yangon Best International School Brainworks, This is best educational school for your son with affordable prices.

Here your child learn best education and lots of extra activities. You can visit brainworks school activities through Facebook Promotional page .................https://www.facebook...nalschoolyangon

visit this school and select if you think this is best for your son.

Thalun

Thalun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hello Everyone,

This reply is several years later, however may be of use to the Yangon community.  There are many international schools in Yangon of a variety of qualities and price levels.

High:

ISY

YIS

ISM

British School

Dullich

Medium:

Thalun International School

Network

MIS

MISY

Yangon Academy

Lower:

ILBC

Total

Thalun International School is the newest school in Yangon with a quiet campus and excellent teachers.  Please visit to truly see for yourself the quality.

wwww.thaluninternationalschool.com

There is not one school that is perfect for everyone, so please visit several schools and do not trust websites.

Sincerely,

Cameron Sabo

Disclaimer: I work for Thalun, however do send my own child there.  I have lived in Yangon for 16 years and know the schools.

susanleescottnyc

susanleescottnyc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Cameron, 

I'm interested in working in Yangon and have sent my resume out to Yangon Academy. I can't find any reviews of the school anywhere. Can you tell me about it? 

Susan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users