Welcome to Mingalapar Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Off the track temple in Bagan

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

salapao

salapao

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Hello!

I heard that Ananda, Shwesandaw temple, Thatbinnyu are the must see temple in Bagan however I don't feel confortable to have a crowd of tourists nearby me. I would also like to visit some off the track temples where I could be alone and enjoy the magnificent  of Bagan Pagoda.

wanderingwanderluster

wanderingwanderluster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationEurope

My suggestion would be to hire an e-bike and head south down the main road towards the station to explore some less visited temples. Turn off there and explore that area as we were the only ones there. There are tons of temples with no tourists and you might be able to find a good one for sunset and have it to yourself. There is also a small village down that way which is good for local interaction. 

My blog has a few good tips and temples to visit to avoid the tourists. 
http:/www.thewanderingwanderluster.com/day-6-bagan/ 

salapao

salapao

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

My suggestion would be to hire an e-bike and head south down the main road towards the station to explore some less visited temples. Turn off there and explore that area as we were the only ones there. There are tons of temples with no tourists and you might be able to find a good one for sunset and have it to yourself. There is also a small village down that way which is good for local interaction. 

My blog has a few good tips and temples to visit to avoid the tourists. 
http:/www.thewanderingwanderluster.com/day-6-bagan/ 

Thank you for your advice, I read your blog very useful information and gorgeous pictures.

By E-bike, do you mean electric bike?

wanderingwanderluster

wanderingwanderluster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationEurope

It's basically a bike with a battery attached. You should have enough battery to last you all day but there are peddles if you run out. We found it useful to hire one of those around 6000kyats a day I guess to go further afield to the temples further away. You can cycle but it takes awhile and if you are there for sunset the e-bikes are great to get you out of the bush quickly. We went to a temple off any main road and we were glad to have the e-bike as it was almost pitch black by the time we got on the main road. A torch of head lamp come in handy as the bike ones are useless. 

TS33

TS33

VIP Member

• Administrators
  • 2,125 posts
  • LocationBangkok

It's basically a bike with a battery attached. You should have enough battery to last you all day but there are peddles if you run out. We found it useful to hire one of those around 6000kyats a day I guess to go further afield to the temples further away. You can cycle but it takes awhile and if you are there for sunset the e-bikes are great to get you out of the bush quickly. We went to a temple off any main road and we were glad to have the e-bike as it was almost pitch black by the time we got on the main road. A torch of head lamp come in handy as the bike ones are useless. 

When I was in Bagan last year, there was no e-bike to be spotted.

After a long day riding a bike in the sun, I even thought to import some e-bike there as I have a friend working with a Chinese E-bike factory.

I think the person who did it was right, it is very hard to ride a bike all day long in Bagan and I also think that taking a car or hiring a horse cart are too expensive option.

Did you get your bike from your hotel or a specialized shop?

A journey of thousand miles begins with a single step!

wanderingwanderluster

wanderingwanderluster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationEurope

When I was in Bagan last year, there was no e-bike to be spotted.

After a long day riding a bike in the sun, I even thought to import some e-bike there as I have a friend working with a Chinese E-bike factory.

I think the person who did it was right, it is very hard to ride a bike all day long in Bagan and I also think that taking a car or hiring a horse cart are too expensive option.

Did you get your bike from your hotel or a specialized shop?

You can pretty much hire them now from an hotel or travel agency although they may only have handful or you can hire the normal bike. Your right they are a great idea but I really still preferred the old bikes. The e-bikes do not work great in the sand. But they are useful for exploring further afield. They cost around 6-7$ per day for hire which lasts 24 hours although some hotels wanted them back at 6 which meant you couldn't use them for sunsets!

TS33

TS33

VIP Member

• Administrators
  • 2,125 posts
  • LocationBangkok

You can pretty much hire them now from an hotel or travel agency although they may only have handful or you can hire the normal bike. Your right they are a great idea but I really still preferred the old bikes. The e-bikes do not work great in the sand. But they are useful for exploring further afield. They cost around 6-7$ per day for hire which lasts 24 hours although some hotels wanted them back at 6 which meant you couldn't use them for sunsets!

It is strange, why don't they allow their guests to keep the E-bike after 6 pm?

I cannot imagine if you have to pedal an E-Bike in the sand, it should be horrible.

A journey of thousand miles begins with a single step!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users