Welcome to Mingalapar Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Legal to bring packaged food into Myanmar?

- - - - - bring food customs import

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

sambapati

sambapati

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Is it legal to bring packaged food for individual us into Myanmar from Thailand?

Max

Max

• Administrators
  • 2,436 posts
  • LocationBangkok

Hi sambapati, I am not sure wether it is legal or not, but last time I went to Myanmar I brought a lot of packed food to treat my friends and I had no problems with it. I didn't see any signs or anything at the airport saying that it was forbidden, but maybe I didn't check carefully enough I don't know  :P.

Anyway, usually in most countries packaged food is ok to bring, while fresh food is not, from my experience. So I really think it is ok. How much do you want to bring?

Cheers,

• sambapati likes this

KCouture

KCouture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

lol i doubt anyone would even check. I mean I walked through the airport security upon arrival with my sunglasses on. In anywhere else it is not ok to present your passport while wearing hats or sunglasses but they didn't seen to care in yangon airport so....

aster

aster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • LocationYangon

Yap. K Couture is right. Nobody check the details when you arrive at airport. So, as long as the package food is not in your hand carry, it would be fine. And, no restriction for carrying package food in their rule as long as i remember. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bring food, customs, import

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users