Welcome to Mingalapar Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Online visa application for Myanmar

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

alex_spice

alex_spice

• PC Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationAll Over

Is there any website that provide such services? I remembered my friend who visited Vietnam used a website to obtain his visa. I hope with Myanmar opening up to tourist, such a website should be created to make it easy for tourist to visit Myanmar.

Thank you in advance for those who will reply to this topic.

Cheers!

TS33

TS33

VIP Member

• Administrators
  • 2,125 posts
  • LocationBangkok

Dear Alex,

a lot of people talk about visa on arrival for Myanmar that you can apply online but let me make think clear, it is a legend.

Only travel agencies are able to propose a visa on arrival if you buy a tour from them and most of the time, they will not make this visa on arrival, they'll just go and make a normal visa for you with your passport, at least it is how it works in Bangkok.

Jan

A journey of thousand miles begins with a single step!

Max

Max

• Administrators
  • 2,436 posts
  • LocationBangkok

Hi Alex,

That's good question and even a good suggestion to make to the Burmese government, but unfortunately there is no such online visa application service for Myanmar. But I sure do hope that there will be in the future, especially with the growing number of tourists who want to visit this beautiful country.

The easiest way is probably to get it in Bangkok, as you just need two working days when you apply from the consulate.

However, if you don't want or don't plan to stop in Bangkok on your way to Myanmar, you could probably get your visa from the consulate in your country of residence.

Have a good day

ThaiAmerican

ThaiAmerican

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
So I am visiting Myanmar in February. I live in Phuket so going to Bangkok to get a Visa at the embassy is a bit if an inconvenience. I found a few websites that claim that you can apply for a visa online. One is myanmarvisa.com. Does anyone have any experience with this site or others? I am hoping it works similar to Vietnam, but I am a bit wary. Thanks.

TS33

TS33

VIP Member

• Administrators
  • 2,125 posts
  • LocationBangkok

So I am visiting Myanmar in February. I live in Phuket so going to Bangkok to get a Visa at the embassy is a bit if an inconvenience. I found a few websites that claim that you can apply for a visa online. One is myanmarvisa.com. Does anyone have any experience with this site or others? I am hoping it works similar to Vietnam, but I am a bit wary. Thanks.

Hello, I don't think it's possible to apply for the visa online, the Ministry of Tourism is launching it but it's still not available, please read this

Mingalapar : Since it may be an obstacle for certain visitors, what are the plans to facilitate the process of obtaining a visa? Is it in your idea to provide visa on arrivals to tourists to have a multiple destination visa with some of your ASEAN partners?

Mot : For the package tours, visa on arrival is permitted through licensed tour companies. E –visa system will be materialized in next three/ four months. A single visa for ASEAN Nationals is still discussing at the ASEAN Meeting among relevant departments of the member countries. I hope that we can ignite the engine in 2015.

A journey of thousand miles begins with a single step!

Max

Max

• Administrators
  • 2,436 posts
  • LocationBangkok

I never used the services of myanmarvisa.com , but I guess it is the same as other agents or tours that can help you get a visa on arrival.

You cannot really apply for your visa directly on line with this website, it is just an application to get a visa on arrival when you land in Myanmar, but you must be sure to get everything right (credentials, documents...) otherwise they can refuse your entrance and put you back in the plane.

As TS33 mentioned, the Minister of Tourism told us a few weeks ago that a service for application online should be made available before the end of this year, so you might wanna wait a bit to see if you can make that directly with the government services, which would be more secure I guess.

Cheers,

Max

ThaiAmerican

ThaiAmerican

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Thanks for the helpful info.  I will wait and see if the Minister of Tourism is able to launch an online application.  If not I will likely use myanmarvisa.com or some similar site and report back with how it went. 

Mike7688

Mike7688

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

I never used the services of myanmarvisa.com , but I guess it is the same as other agents or tours that can help you get a visa on arrival.

You cannot really apply for your visa directly on line with this website, it is just an application to get a visa on arrival when you land in Myanmar, but you must be sure to get everything right (credentials, documents...) otherwise they can refuse your entrance and put you back in the plane.

As TS33 mentioned, the Minister of Tourism told us a few weeks ago that a service for application online should be made available before the end of this year, so you might wanna wait a bit to see if you can make that directly with the government services, which would be more secure I guess.

Cheers,

Max

Thanks for the info. I'm hoping that the new VOA website is up before I leave in January. 

maggiesim

maggiesim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

You can do it via www.evisaasia.com . In fact, for most of the countries in Asia...

S3yangon

S3yangon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationYangon

Hi all, when I came to Yangon, everything was in a big rush since my company wanted me here pronto so I searched the web for how to do visas.

I did not find myanmarvisa.com then, although google turned up myanmarvisa.com.sg (curious for google since the webites have such similar address).  Essentially they do all the leg work acting as a door-to-door courier, the premium they charge was worth it since I had so much to settle before uprooting myself.

I won't be surprise if this site myanmarvisa.com is an extension of their original service which limits them to only Singapore. If you check out myanmarvisa.com payment terms they're in SGD.

When I queued up at the VOA counter several days ago, I did wonder why some people seem to already have their applications waiting for them at the counter since I saw someone on the same flight as me and when he got to the queue, a staff member approached him with some forms and he cleared the line very quickly even though he was behind me in the queue. Perhaps this is how online VOA application works?

Would be interesting to find out how it actually works if anyone tries it out.  Sorry if this reply doesn't actually answer the question.

aslamkhan

aslamkhan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

there are no issue of visa with Lets Travel N tTour because they provide top Visa Facilities to contact them visit https://www.facebook.com/LetsTT

Max

Max

• Administrators
  • 2,436 posts
  • LocationBangkok

Online Visa application will be available in Myanmar as of September the 1st 2014, please check more information here: Myanmar e-visa available online

• Billy the kid and Lucky like this

Billy the kid

Billy the kid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Awesome news, thanks for sharing guys :). Was waiting for that for sooo long, next time I'll come I will use the online application for the visa, but $50… I hope they lower down the price in the future!!

Lucky

Lucky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

a bit expensive.. but an improvment...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users