Welcome to Mingalapar Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Renting a Flat in Yangon or Mandalay

- - - - - Housing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

jacannella

jacannella

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi all,

What can I expect to pay for a furnished proper 1 bedroom flat of 60-80 sqm in Yangon or Mandalay, not luxury, but affordable on a teacher's salary (1000-1500 dollars per month), with reliable water, electric, internet/tv, and fairly central? Are there flats like this in any of the old colonial buildings?

What is the usual minimum length of a rental contract? 

For my first couple of months any suggestions as to where I can stay while I look for work and a permament flat? I am trying to live on a 1000 dollars per month during this time so again I am not looking for luxury, just comfortable, good location and reliable utilities and internet.

Jeff

Hsorino

Hsorino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Hi Jeff, 

According to your post, not sure you are looking for a 1000$ rent or you are willing to leave on a 1000$ budget in Yangon. 

Cost of living is usually quite cheap in Yangon except for one very important thing which is accommodation… If you want to have everything that you listed in your apartment, I doubt that you can cope with your 1000$ living costs per month.

As I told you, apartments are expensive in Yangon and you can expect the price to rise by 200$ or more for a fully furnished, and you would not have internet included for that price. I think you should lower your expectations a little bit, at least until you find a proper job.

But be careful, minimum length of contract is usually 6 months and you have to pay everything upfront, so you want to get something ok already, cause you are stuck for 6 months if it's not. 

You should read this thread, pretty much on the same topic and dsalageanu have good advices, seems like he found less than 400$ apartment in a quite central location. But this is without furniture.

http://mingalapar.co...iced-apartment/

• jacannella likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Housing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users