Welcome to Mingalapar Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

international school in Yangon

international school yangon

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

daisymummy

daisymummy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hi,

my husbands and me are moving to Myanmar, Yangon with our two kids Craig 12 years old and Robert 15 years old, I'm looking for an international school which can provide high level of education in Yangon.

Both of them can speak perfectly English and I'll like them to follow the class in English.

I also want them to be able to make friends with Burmese so an international school only with Expats is not an option.

Can someone please tell me the best place for my kids?

Thanks

Thet

Thet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
Dear Daisy, There is no separate school for expats in Myanmar.Because expat students are very few and ninety five percent of students are Burmese.Some international schools don't have any expat students.So,this can be really big change for your children.All international schools teach in English with expat teachers.Here is a list of famous international schools in Yangon. -International School Yangon(ISY) -International School of Myanmar(ISM) also known as YIEC -International Language and Business Centre(ILBC) -Myanmar International School(MIS) -Horizon International School

daisymummy

daisymummy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Thanks Thet for your reply.

I'm happy that most of the students are Burmese, I want my children to be opened mind so meeting new people from different culture will help them to become better and more tolerant person.

Which one will you personally recommend in this list please?

Thet

Thet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

I'm sorry.I really don't know which one is the best as I finished high school from a public school.

The first three international schools in the list are founded more than ten years ago. Here are the websites of these schools and please find out yourself which one is the best for you and your children. ISY   http://www.internati...l_School_Yangon ISM   http://www.ismyanmar.com/ ILBC    http://www.ilbcedu.com/

daisymummy

daisymummy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Thanks Thet for your help, I already send an email to these 3 schools.

Will let you know the outcome.

TruthTraveller

TruthTraveller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  • LocationYangon, Myanmar

Hi Daisymummy,

Try Net Work International School. They use British Curriculum and most of the expat kids go there, famous among expatriates. And there are some Burmese kids as well. Hope this is the option you looking for. :)

E-mail: network.intl.school@gmail.com

Best.

FREE FROM DESIRE

Ros

Ros

• PC Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
Hi Daisymummy, Sorry for my late reply because I just saw your post. Well, I know it is a bit late to suggest the another school but nobody mentioned above this school. I would like to suggest MISY (Myanmar International School Yangon). The school will open on 19th August. You can see the school here http://www.misyedu.com https://www.facebook.com/misyedu With best, Ros

brainworks

brainworks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hi daisymummy, 

Hope you and your childrens are doing well,

And i hope you have found good international school for your childrens because you required good school for your children last Year and i have found your post now it's too late!!

But still if you want any information regarding Best International School in Yangon then i will suggest you Brainworks, best school in Yangon, here you can found great education services and lots of extra activities for your childrens. You can visit school Facebook Profile and activities through : https://www.facebook...olyangon?ref=hl

please visit this school and give your rating...

Thanks

Brainworks

eedwgun

eedwgun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi Brainworks,

May i know the school fee for the foundation stage (around 4-5 years age) ?

Thanks

brainworks

brainworks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hello eedwgun,

Thanks for your reply and Interest,

Our all educational services are very afordable and best.

You can send your query with this email address : youarewelcome@brainworksschool.com

You will get all the details by email, our admin department will provide you your all answers.

Thanks

Brainworks

Hi Brainworks,

May i know the school fee for the foundation stage (around 4-5 years age) ?

Thanks

Peters

Peters

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Pun Hlaing International School is a new school offering British Curriculum on the Pun Hlaing Golf Estate, managed by Harrow International Management Services.

Currently offering schooling to children aged 3 - 11, the beautiful facility and grounds on the Pun Hlaing Golf Estate is really worth a visit.

See their website -

www.punhliangschool.com

Thalun

Thalun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Welcome to Yangon,

There are many schools that use the words "international", however there is varying qualities in terms of teachers and facilities.  You will need to visit several schools to get a true sense of the school and the culture of the organization. 

Please consider Thalun International School with a new campus, quality teachers, and affordable tuition.  We also have information about other schools on our website under "community resources".

www.thaluninternationalschool.com

We welcome a visit as we grow to a Nursery - Grade 12 school serving the Yangon community.

Sincerely,

Thanlun

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: international school, yangon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users