Welcome to Mingalapar Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hpa-An for Backpacking in Myanmar..!

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

backpackinginmyanmar

backpackinginmyanmar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
Most of these pictures are taken by me and my friend who work in Kayin State.
Check out the facebook page. Let me know ,you or anyone want to visit the Hpa-An. I would love to take you guys to other places beside Hpa-An but un fortunately,tourist can't visit to other places because of security reasons.Cheer mate.

Lesnar99

Lesnar99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Oh how cool, some of them are really good.

I didn't know there were many places in Kayin State that foreign tourists couldn't access. Could be useful to start a new thread about that, to let people know where in Kayin State it is possible to visit and where it is not, what do you think?

Just saying :)

backpackinginmyanmar

backpackinginmyanmar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
Ok I will start doing that list all the places that can be visited by tourist. Why should they visit. Why are they famous. I am gonna list everything I know and share with you guys.!
Have a very nice day.

backpackinginmyanmar

backpackinginmyanmar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
Lumbini Garden, Hpa An, Kayin State, Myanmar

The Lumbini Garden with a thousand Buddha Image at the base of Zwe Ka Pin mountain is also a great place to visit. It is also the entrance to go to the top of Mount Zwe Ka Bin. A cable car project is planning for pilgrims to go straight to the top of great famous mountain from the base!!! #BIM

10641281_314949902009509_839802833461680

backpackinginmyanmar

backpackinginmyanmar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Di Pa Ka Ya Temple a.k.a U Nar Aunt Temple, Kayin State!!!

It is situated in Kawt Hnyat village, near Gyine (Zar Ta Pyin) Bridge and was offered by U Nar Aunt, Mon ethnic, in 1892. This temple is made up of nine roofs decorated with old Mon-Myanmar architecture handiwork. It has two interesting standing Buddha images. The one is 15 feet high and the other is 14 feet high. Visitors can worship Buddha images as well as impress the amazing and excellent mixture of Mon-Myanmar architectures inside the temple!!!
#BIM

983801_314779068693259_87302898437043964

10671264_314778935359939_819498125418053

10636046_314778835359949_858076138345146

10659319_314780075359825_297697790863250

backpackinginmyanmar

backpackinginmyanmar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Naw Bu Baw Prayer Mountain, Thandaunggyi, Kayin State, Myanmar!

Naw Bu Baw Mountain, 4824 feet above sea-level, as it is known locally, is now topped by what must be one of the biggest Christian crosses in Myanmar. Just below the peak lies a guesthouse run by the Zion Hill Baptist Church, and from there a stairway with 374 steps climbs to the mountain top cross, which was erected in 1995. Most of the Christians believe that their wills and desires will be fulfilled if they pray at Naw Bu Baw Mountain!!!
#BIM

10672035_314770668694099_246669298470727

1461036_314771102027389_7113642652041522

backpackinginmyanmar

backpackinginmyanmar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Kaw Goon cave, one of the rare and historical caves in Myanmar, is situated near Kaw Goon village, Hpa An township, Kayin State, not very far from Than Lwin (Hpa An) Bridge. It is located at 116 feet above sea-level and on the northern side of Than Lwin River. It is a natural lime-stone cave and measures 200 feet in height and 300 feet in length. The rock surfaces are profusely decorated with different kinds of clay Buddha images, mural paintings, ink inscriptions, stone inscriptions and old Mon inscriptions. According to the style of several honorable Buddha images, paintings and inscriptions on the wall of the cave, several famous historians said that these were the act of Mon ancestors during 13th Century A.D period!!!
#BIM

10689970_314767782027721_803715554531937

10620528_314768838694282_812612709418882

1601272_314769558694210_9093221612017971

backpackinginmyanmar

backpackinginmyanmar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
Here is the list of tourist attraction places in Hpa-An, Kayin State, Myanmar.

(1)Mt Zwegabin -LANDMARK

Hpa-an is full with chain of limestone mountains.
The tallest of these is Zwegabin Mountain , about 7 miles south of town,
2372ft and it’s a demanding two-hour hike to the top..!
People usually enjoy the hike and adventure through the hundreds of steps.
The view from top of the mountain is really amazing and breathtaking..!

(2) HPAN PU MOUNTAIN

Across the Thanlwin River from Hpa-an, it’s actually two adventures in one trip. You can ride around the river to admire the amazing views and when you reach to the mountain, you can spend another hour through hiking to the top. Not really as high as the Zwegabin Mountain. But view from the top is rice field, ethnic villages and the river is really astonishing.

(3)Sadan Cave, Hpa-An (Kayin State-Myanmar)

This huge cave is simply breathtaking and amazing. As you enter the football stadium-sized cavern you’ll see dozens of Buddha statues, a couple of pagodas and some newer clay wall carvings.
The real adventure is walking through the near dark cave with hundreds of thousands of bats around the roof. Some of them may defeat on you or to the ground.
In some legend might mention this is the cave that Buddha past life as Sadan Elephant and spent the last dying days of his life. Just before the cave exit there is a small hole up in the roof, and some say this is the place where the hunter try to strike with an arrow to the great Sadan Elephant.

As you exit the cave on the other site you will be amazed by beautiful scene and a small lake that you can ride a boat back to the near entrance. It will feel you like you are in the central of our culture.

(4) Kawgun Cave

If you want to admire the 7th-century artwork of the Kawgun Cave which consists of thousands of tiny clay Buddhist art and sculpture. And carvings plastered all over the walls and roof of this open cavern. Kaw Goon cave, one of the rare and historical caves in Myanmar, is situated near Kaw Goon village, Hpa An township, Kayin State, not very far from Than Lwin (Hpa An) Bridge. It is located at 116 feet above sea-level and on the northern side of Than Lwin River. It is a natural lime-stone cave and measures 200 feet in height and 300 feet in length. The rock surfaces are profusely decorated with different kinds of clay Buddha images, mural paintings, ink inscriptions, stone inscriptions and old Mon inscriptions. According to the style of several honorable Buddha images, paintings and inscriptions on the wall of the cave, several famous historians said that these were the act of Mon ancestors during 13th Century A.D period!!!

(5) Yathaypyan Cave

Just over a mile away from Kawgun Cave and contains several pagodas as well as a few more clay wall carvings.

(6)Kaw Ka Thawng Cave CAVES

This compound actually consists of three caves, only two of which are generally open to the public. The cave has a tile floor and numerous Buddha statues. There is a swimming hole near the middle and kids usually enjoy the place.

(7) Kyauk Kalap MONASTERY

Standing proud in the middle of a small, artificial lake is Kyauk Kalap. The top offers great views of the surrounding countryside and nearby Mt Zwegabin, and is the best place to see the sunset over this mountain. Free vegetarian food is served from the temple from 9am to 5pm.

(8) Lumbini Garden, Hpa An, Kayin State, Myanmar

The Lumbini Garden with a thousand Buddha Image at the base of Zwe Ka Pin mountain is also a great place to visit. It is also the entrance to go to the top of Mount Zwe Ka Bin. A cable car project is planning for pilgrims to go straight to the top of great famous mountain from the base!!!

(9) Di Pa Ka Ya Temple a.k.a U Nar Aunt Temple, Kayin State!!!

It is situated in Kawt Hnyat village, near Gyine (Zar Ta Pyin) Bridge and was offered by U Nar Aunt, Mon ethnic, in 1892. This temple is made up of nine roofs decorated with old Mon-Myanmar architecture handiwork. It has two interesting standing Buddha images. The one is 15 feet high and the other is 14 feet high. Visitors can worship Buddha images as well as impress the amazing and excellent mixture of Mon-Myanmar architectures inside the temple!!!

(10) Lon Nya Village

A famous place in Kayin State near Eain Du village, Hpa An township where pilgrims can worship the pagoda at the top of mountain and can relax the tiredness of climbing the mountain by pleasing the beautiful, fantabulous and attractive scene of green lake at the base of the mountain!!!

backpackinginmyanmar

backpackinginmyanmar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Htee Huu Tan Waterfall, Kawkareik Township, Kayin State!!!

Just 45 minutes walk from Htee Huu Tan village, through jungle, forests, betel, durian and rubber plantations, you can feel the amazing wild scene of this waterfall, still in natural. The waterfall is situated near the border of Kawkareik and Kya-In Seikkyi Townships!!!
#BIM

10644989_322899894547843_878375025163987

10687208_322899984547834_540944620717407

1958381_322900034547829_2583746097920253

backpackinginmyanmar

backpackinginmyanmar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Flooded way to Ba Yint Nyi cave situated between Tha Htone and Hpa An during rainy season. 
#BIM

10473771_320766898094476_471173032356303

Billy the kid

Billy the kid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Htee Huu Tan Waterfall, Kawkareik Township, Kayin State!!!

Just 45 minutes walk from Htee Huu Tan village, through jungle, forests, betel, durian and rubber plantations, you can feel the amazing wild scene of this waterfall, still in natural. The waterfall is situated near the border of Kawkareik and Kya-In Seikkyi Townships!!!
#BIM

10644989_322899894547843_878375025163987

Wow, these waterfalls are just amazing. That's some beautiful pictures!! Did you take them by yourself?

I'm wondering, it seems to be very remote area of Kayin state, so is it allowed for foreigners to got there? You could definitely find people who want to enjoy this beauty of the nature… I could easily see myself bathing in there. 

backpackinginmyanmar

backpackinginmyanmar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
Let me start by explaining ourself. We are couple of young professions doing prevention and control of malaria in rural parts of Myanmar. Me and three of my friends started a facebook page called backpacking in Myanmar and we are sharing the page feeds about Kayin in here. I wish to share some of the pictures that I took when I work in Thailand-Myanmar boder. Some of them really amazed me. Unfortunatelly there is still civil war happening in Kayin state and tensions are really high. Tourists are not allowed to travel in some part of the State and above waterfall is one including. Karen people are very kind,generous and one of a kind. I wish the civil war to be overed and peace be bring to all the ethnic minority groups in my country. For the time being the safest place to travel have been listed by me in above. Let me know if you want to know anything about Kayin State and Karen people.

Saisai

Saisai

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 622 posts

wow. really great places. though i'm myanmar, i've never been there. interesting and amazing views! and looks really wild. 

Hoping for a chance to go and visit . 

Billy the kid

Billy the kid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Let me start by explaining ourself. We are couple of young professions doing prevention and control of malaria in rural parts of Myanmar. Me and three of my friends started a facebook page called backpacking in Myanmar and we are sharing the page feeds about Kayin in here. I wish to share some of the pictures that I took when I work in Thailand-Myanmar boder. Some of them really amazed me. Unfortunatelly there is still civil war happening in Kayin state and tensions are really high. Tourists are not allowed to travel in some part of the State and above waterfall is one including. Karen people are very kind,generous and one of a kind. I wish the civil war to be overed and peace be bring to all the ethnic minority groups in my country. For the time being the safest place to travel have been listed by me in above. Let me know if you want to know anything about Kayin State and Karen people.

Yeah that's really sad that it is still forbidden to visit but even sadder is the reasons why it's forbidden. I think everybody who really love Myanmar in its entirety (all ethnic groups, all regions, all religions) wish this civil war could end at this very moment… But I think there might be some people up there taking the decisions who love themselves more than they love their country and who take selfish decisions… but I guess this is what politics is all about ain't it?

Nyo1

Nyo1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

This topic is very interesting and i want to go there right now..And here i found some photos and their name. Please confirm they are right or not! 

Thanks in advance !

Attached File  Suddhan Cave near Hpa-An, Kayin State.jpg   527.13KB   0 downloads The Limestone Cave, Suddhan which is situated near Hpa-an.  

Attached File  Sun Set Hpa An.jpg   121.78KB   0 downloads Sun Set view from where? 

Attached File  Shweyinhmyaw Paya, Hpa-An.jpg   173.58KB   0 downloads The pagoda from the downtown or nearby town? 

Attached File  hpaan2.jpg   32.01KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Hpa-an, Burma - Myanmar-37-X2.jpg   117.8KB   0 downloads

backpackinginmyanmar

backpackinginmyanmar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
Actually. U r correct. Nyo1.! Need any help to go there. Let me know. PM me.!

MadamR

MadamR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

I wanna want to know more about Kyaut La lat Pagoda and monastery near Hpa An. Can some share more information please! how to go, how far from Hpa an, transportation , legend, etc. Thanks

Saisai

Saisai

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 622 posts

The very hot El Nino affects the famous Kyaut Kalat Pagoda too. Now the lake from Hpa-an becomes like that! 

Attached File  kyaut kalat.jpg   119.68KB   0 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users