Welcome to Mingalapar Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Business Opportunity and want advice.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

backpackinginmyanmar

backpackinginmyanmar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Hello everyone.

First of all, I would like to introduce my self. I am on of the middle class families in Myanmar whom struggle every day to survive.Ever since I have graduated, I partner with an INGO in Myanmar doing humanitarian works in Myanmar. My first job, I was deployed in a town near Kayin State in Myanmar. I have to travel a lot in Kayin State and inspire the landmarks and nature. During that time, I have meet a lot of tourists which come to Hpa-An, Kayiin state for climbing mountains and hiking around the caves. Hpa-An has a lot of natural places that not a lot of tourists notice yet. 

That's why I want to improve the tourist attraction places in Kayin State and want to start my own tourism company which specialized for Kayin State. But in every business, the start is the most important and difficult things to do. Especially if you wish to start honest. That's why I got an idea, before starting the company I like to freelance touring to the tourists who want to go Kayin State and enjoy the nature and culture. I have started a Facebook page backpacking in Myanmar. Still not have a lot of fans but hopping to improve. 

I want your advice whether

(1)how to get notice by tourists and is there any other ways to attract tourists about my freelance idea

(2)If you are one of my customer who want to go hiking, climbing mountains and sight seeing, what is the most important thing for you during the travel period.

And the last thing is thank you so much for reading this. I can also take bad credits, so please don't hesitate to write anything. Have a very nice day and Thank you again.

Backpacking In Myanmar/Burma

dd3

dd3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

There are so many things you can do to promote your business.

1) Do not limit yourself to just Facebook, but also get active on niche social networks. Two platforms that come to mind would be Wayn and Pinterest. You can find more by reading tnooz.com.

2) You can also consider investing a bit of money in advertising. On Facebook, you can run campaigns for as low as $1.

3) Keep writing your blog! But also make it more personal. People are much more likely to be interested in your business if they know who is behind it. At the very least, you should mention your name and have a pic of yourself somewhere. Using "we" perhaps works for big companies, but if you are a one-man operation, you should make it 100% personal.

4) Offer useful insider info. It's still hard to find reliable info online about Myanmar - especially when it comes to destinations outside the main tourist centers. www.southernmyanmar.com is a great example. You should recommend some cheap hostels or guest houses. Also, include some maps of hiking trails, including restaurants along the way. I think there is a lot you can do in this regard. You should check out how some Western mountain resorts promote themselves. It will give you a lot of ideas. Here are two examples:

http://www.davos.ch/...er/walking.html

http://www.aspencham...on/hikingtrails

backpackinginmyanmar

backpackinginmyanmar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Thank you so much.

First I am gonna improve my writing and try to expand through other social networks. I will try as much as I can to offer useful info.

Then I will try to expand my customers through campaign in  Facebook.

Thank you so much for your ideas, it's help me a lot. Whoever you are, wish you success.

Regard,,

WAI YAN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users