Welcome to Mingalapar Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Burmese Ruby on Display

- - - - - Ruby

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Nyo1

Nyo1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Hey Guys, 

Do you know about burmese ruby very well? My friend from Los Angeles visited this weekend to Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County and he found that very great burmese natural Ruby there. it's about 196- ct and very beautiful.  he felt very awesome and send me message. (he's not myanmar). 

I've never seen and known before. Let me share about it again. 

The ruby  is called Pigeon's Blood. 

Attached File  ruby 3.jpg   12.1KB   4 downloads

What an amazing! Their museum can collect and show burmese great ruby. but, the country Myanmar, though it has many priceless rubies, there's no one for public to show! I've to go to LA to get a chance of seeing  burmese ruby. What a sad! why the country doesn't maintain such kind of great thing?  

Billy the kid

Billy the kid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Yeah that's a big piece of stone indeed… Wow !!  :blink: I think it can be called pigeon heart also isn't it? 

I believe it cannot be kept in Myanmar or brought back to Myanmar because that would mean Myanmar pay for those gems. I think many gems where sold by generals or other militia leaders who made a whole lot of money out of it. Since they are the most precious and most valuable rubies, their actual owners paid fortunes to acquire them and I doubt that they would ship them back to Myanmar for free, even though they might have been acquired illegally!!

There are still US and international sanctions over gems imported from Myanmar and there have been for a long time, since the miners who extract them worked and probably still work in some places in very poor conditions, and because these plots of land were you can find rubies used to be ruled by the generals in place or the rebel leaders. I don't think they ever cared about any kind of human right nor did they cared about the actual ownership of these lands. 

All of these are therefore being extracted illegally, it's impossible to track them back to the origin and I am sure some are still sold illegally outside of Myanmar. Anyway, where there is money to do usually there are big armed boys taking care of that  :(.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ruby

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users