Welcome to Mingalapar Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Kalaw; the beautiful town on the way to Inle

Kalaw

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Phyayphyay

Phyayphyay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

The following is what the Lonely Planet describes about Kalaw. As a myanmar, i would like to recommend you to go there during this season. 

"Founded as a hill station by British civil servants fleeing the heat of the plains, 
Kalaw still feels like a high-altitude holiday resort: the air is cool, the atmosphere is calm, the streets are leafy and green, and the surrounding hills are the only place in Myanmar where travellers can trek overnight without prior permission."

Attached File  kalaw 2.jpg   157.02KB   0 downloadsAttached File  kalaw 3.jpg   165.5KB   0 downloads

Attached File  kalaw- amara resort.jpg   136.36KB   0 downloadsAttached File  kalaw.jpg   162.24KB   0 downloads

Attached File  kalaw-myanmar.jpg   141.12KB   0 downloadsAttached File  kalaw-myanmar-1-12.jpg   572.75KB   0 downloads

Attached File  kalaw-myanmar-flora-plants-1-9.jpg   625.57KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Myanmar_Kalaw_20121004_kalaw road.jpg   178.49KB   0 downloads

Saisai

Saisai

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 617 posts

My friend Model Pearl Win is now at Kalaw and enjoying the beautiful scenes. She uploaded some photos on her Facebook. 

Really amazing Nature! See it! 

Attached File  Kalaw 2.jpg   102.32KB   0 downloadsAttached File  Kalaw.jpg   95.1KB   0 downloadsAttached File  Kalaw 3.jpg   84.15KB   0 downloadsAttached File  Kalaw 4.jpg   81.39KB   0 downloadsAttached File  Kalaw 5.jpg   111.77KB   0 downloadsAttached File  Kalaw 6.jpg   102.01KB   0 downloadsAttached File  Kalaw 7.jpg   98.7KB   0 downloads

ShweGyi

ShweGyi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Very beautiful.. and awesome climate and green environment as well.. Totally agree it's the best time to go kalaw.. 

Joko

Joko

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationYangon

This place is also known as Hkalaw?

I'll be there in December during my motorcycle tour. 

Hotel suggestions?

Max

Max

• Administrators
  • 2,436 posts
  • LocationBangkok

Never saw it written as Hkalaw, but always Kalaw in English transliterations. Though I think there is a village in Kachin state called Sipe Hkalaw, it has nothing to do with Kalaw. 

A friend stayed in Nature Land Hotel 2 recently and said it is good value for money with large rooms, not far from the city. 

Are you going trekking around Kalaw? 

Phyayphyay

Phyayphyay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

This place is also known as Hkalaw?

I'll be there in December during my motorcycle tour. 

Hotel suggestions?

Hkalaw and Kalaw is different... Hkalaw is village of northern Myanmar and Kalaw is from east Myanmar. So, where will you go?  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kalaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users