Welcome to Mingalapar Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

food factory and restaurant

open business food restaurant factory retailer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

thangmo

thangmo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hey everyone,

I would like to ask for your advice about open and operate a food factory and restaurant in yangon. 

Me and my friend would like to invest in our own business, just a small one. We are very interest in Myanmar but because of the new law and AEC coming up next year, I'm at a loss at what exactly I have to do in order to open a food factory and a restaurant. 

My friend want to produce 2 or 3 kind of foods and sell it via supermarket in Myanmar and I want to open my own restaurant. 

What do you think? 

Can we open our business? if so how? do we have to open a joint venture with the local? 

What permission and certification we will need to operate our business? 

Is there a specific zone in yangon that is specific for food factory and restaurant? 

Thank you so much for your advice 

Thangmo

Saisai

Saisai

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 622 posts

yes, Thangmo,
Before we discuss about your job, please let me know that you're a myanmar citizen or not. If not, what kind of visa did you get? 

The steps and procedures are different depending on that condition. 

and what kind of restaurant do you prefer? preserved food or food that need to prepare in the kitchen before serving?

thangmo

thangmo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi aung2006,

We are a foreigners. I am not sure if we have to set up a joint venture with Myanmar citizen or not.

About the restaurant, is there a different between selling preserved food and freshly prepared food? I think mostly my restaurant will sell freshly prepared food with small corner selling preserved food from my friend factory. 

Thank you.

MadamR

MadamR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

i think you can do anything as you like. May be joint with citizens or not. 

But you need to have enough money before start up. as you know everything is expensive in Yangon now, especially for a space!

Have you already tried for your space in Yangon?

If yes, you just need permission from YCDC for restaurant.    But i don't know about the factory! more complex procedures for factory! 

one of my american friend open pizza shop near American Embassy. No special procedures are needed. just simple! 

Barnseee

Barnseee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Sounds simple but i think its quite complex.

Factory setups could cost alot depending on what your looking at doing.

Same for Restaurant setup.

You need to give some more details on your plans. they are very vague.

natetyler

natetyler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

you are Thai rite ?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: open business, food, restaurant, factory, retailer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users