Welcome to Mingalapar Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Myeik(Mergui) Town

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

NoahGroup

NoahGroup

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I went to Kawthuang and Myeik by crossing river at Ranong border, Thailand. and then flied from Kawthaung to Myeik.

I would like to share attraction places at Myeik.

However, this trip I have no chance to go to Myeik(Mergui) Archipelago but I would plan my next trip on early next year(2015) going there.

Thein Daw Gyi Pagoda

Attached File  Thein Daw Gyi Pagoda_01.jpg   43.87KB   1 downloads

Attached File  Thein Daw Gyi Pagoda_02.jpg   80.1KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Thein Daw Gyi Pagoda_03.jpg   54.36KB   0 downloads

Theindizaya Pagoda

Attached File  Theindizaya Pagoda_01.jpg   32.93KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Theindizaya Pagoda_02.jpg   69.39KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Theindizaya Pagoda_03.jpg   56KB   0 downloads

Paw Daw Mu Pagoda

Attached File  Paw Daw Mu Pagoda_01.jpg   51.61KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Paw Daw Mu Pagoda_02.jpg   53.69KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Paw Daw Mu Pagoda_03.jpg   52.17KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Paw Daw Mu Pagoda_04.jpg   47.83KB   0 downloads

Pataw Padet island

Attached File  Pataw Padet island_01.jpg   64.33KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Pataw Padet island_02.jpg   46.21KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Pataw Padet island_03.jpg   61.42KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Pataw Padet island_04.jpg   76.85KB   0 downloads

KhinKhin

KhinKhin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Good photos and nice shots. Is there any other sightseeing places apart from Pagoda? 

Pataw Padet island is quite interesting for me. What is the main business of that natives? Fishing? or any other else? 

Thanks 

NoahGroup

NoahGroup

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Good photos and nice shots. Is there any other sightseeing places apart from Pagoda? 

Pataw Padet island is quite interesting for me. What is the main business of that natives? Fishing? or any other else? 

Thanks 

Thank you KhinKhin,

There are more monasteries for visiting

1 of monasteries is 555 Bhuddas Monastery situated on top hill a bit further north from Myeik town.

Attached File  500 Buddhas Monastery_01.jpg   58.35KB   0 downloads

Attached File  500 Buddhas Monastery_02.jpg   60.33KB   0 downloads

Attached File  500 Buddhas Monastery_03.jpg   49.75KB   0 downloads

Attached File  500 Buddhas Monastery_04.jpg   62.16KB   0 downloads

I took last photo from top hill at monastery overlooking to Theindizaya Pagoda and Kadan Island, the largest island in the Myeik Archipelago.

Pataw Padet Island is belong to Myeik Chamber of Commerce president which he has permission license from Government.

There are soft shell crab farm (1 of biggest farm in Southeast Asia), shipyard, fish mill, timber mill and also there are reservoir, saw mill power plant, school, village, clinic and Monastery for workers.

Moreover,I actually don't want to deny that I would start tourism business at Myeik in next few months.
In the near future, I think Myeik would be one of top 5 for travel destinations in Myanama because I have seen few more projects been developing to be resort and hotel.

According to irrawady.org
Four new tourism projects in the largely untouched Mergui Archipelago in Burma’s far south could begin 2014.

One of these four projects is to be planed by Myeik Public Corporation to invest US$4 million in a resort on Kadan Island in the Mergui Archipelago in 2015.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users