Welcome to Mingalapar Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Getting an eVisa through Myanmar’s New System

- - - - - EVisa

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Nyo1

Nyo1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Please let me share one of my friend's post about new eVisa System. 

Is it time to get a visa to Myanmar, but have no time to go to the embassy? You’re in luck because Myanmar now has the long awaited eVisa system up and running!

With the new system, you can get a Tourist visa (and only a Tourist visa at this time) that lasts for 28 days from your arrival date in Myanmar. Just make sure your pop-up blockers are off (they need them to give your receipt after payment), have a recent digital color photo ready (4.6cm (or 1.8in) x 3.8cm (or 1.5 in), taken within the last 3 months), your credit card, and, of course, your passport. (Although make sure your passport is valid for at least 6 months.

Attached File  Photo Requirement Myanmar eVisa (Official Government Website).png   181.72KB   0 downloads

The process is pretty straightforward – tell them your information, pay the fee (Visa or Mastercard for USD 50), and wait for the email acknowledgement within the hour. Within 4-5 days you should get an eVisa approval letter in your email to print out for your arrival to Myanmar!

A few things to note:

• Make sure your information is correct! They can’t change it once you hit “Confirm”.
  • The USD 50 fee is nonrefundable.
  • If you’re looking for a cheaper option, the way to go would be to go to the embassy. In Bangkok, for about USD 27 (810 baht) or USD 35 (1035 baht), you can get a 3-Day Visa or Next Day Visa, respectively.
  • The eVisa approval letter is valid 90 days from the issue date.
  • The eVisa can only be used for a single entry. Any re-entry will need a new visa.
  • With the eVisa, you can only enter via Yangon International Airport, but this will change in the future.
  • There is a small chance that they will decide, at Yangon Airport Immigration, that you aren’t allowed to enter. If that’s the case, you can return on the same flight.

All this being said, the eVisa is, currently, granted for 67 countries, with 5 countries (Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Philippines, and Vietnam) allowed a visa exemption for 14 days. To see if your country is able to apply for an eVisa (and it probably will be) check here:http://evisa.moip.go...toTourists.aspx

Just go to http://evisa.moip.go...pplication.aspx to get started! 

This post credit to http://www.myanmarbu...mars-new-system

KhinKhin

KhinKhin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Thanks Nyo for your share. i hope it'll help definitely for everyone who want to apply e visa right now.. 

Moreover, you can use your e-Visa to enter Myanmar through other way, Nay Pyi Taw and Mandalay International Airports, even if you have chosen Yangon International Airport as port of entry.

Phyayphyay

Phyayphyay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Here's some rules and regulations about e visa and you can also see the new list countries (32more). 

http://evisa.moip.go...toTourists.aspx

mabaydar

mabaydar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

What about "Visa on arrival"? My colleague, Japanese, will be going to Myanmar in two days for business trip and we are not sure if "Visa on Arrival" is opened now.

လွိဳင္းတန္ပိုးထန္၊ ေလကိုဆန္လဲ၊ အျပံဳးမပ်က္၊ ပန္းပန္လ်က္။

www.mabaydar.blogspot.com

Roxy

Roxy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationBangkok

For VOA, you need invitation letter from company/organisation in Myanmar plus other documents to show to immigration at airport.

Max

Max

• Administrators
  • 2,436 posts
  • LocationBangkok

For VOA, you need invitation letter from company/organisation in Myanmar plus other documents to show to immigration at airport.

Unless you have the invitation letter and documents that Flora suggested, you cannot get a visa on arrival. If you have to go on a short notice, the quickest way is probably to go to the Myanmar embassy in your country and ask for express service, to get it the same day. I know in Bangkok you need you can get a visa on the same day for less than 40 USD but I don't know in Singapore.

But same, if your colleague needs a Business visa she will have to provide invitation letter and other documents to get it.

mabaydar

mabaydar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Unless you have the invitation letter and documents that Flora suggested, you cannot get a visa on arrival. If you have to go on a short notice, the quickest way is probably to go to the Myanmar embassy in your country and ask for express service, to get it the same day. I know in Bangkok you need you can get a visa on the same day for less than 40 USD but I don't know in Singapore.

But same, if your colleague needs a Business visa she will have to provide invitation letter and other documents to get it.

I guess he has invitation letter from our branch office in Myanmar.

လွိဳင္းတန္ပိုးထန္၊ ေလကိုဆန္လဲ၊ အျပံဳးမပ်က္၊ ပန္းပန္လ်က္။

www.mabaydar.blogspot.com

Siam

Siam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Is there anyone who got eVisa by this new system? Can you guys share your experience? I want to get eVisa for my friends... I'm not sure if this one really works. 

miley

miley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

http://myanmarvisa.com/Is this site is safe? Just give me some comments.. They ask me 70USD for 28days tourist visa.. They also promised it'll get within 3 days and if not, they will pay all the money back.. 

ShweGyi

ShweGyi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Attached File  12-entry-3-reentry-visa.pdf   74.68KB   3 downloads

new visa types and regulation that will act on coming Monday )11.1.2016 

Siam

Siam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

attachicon.gif12-entry-3-reentry-visa.pdf

new visa types and regulation that will act on coming Monday )11.1.2016 

can all visa types apply from online? 

Saisai

Saisai

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 618 posts

can all visa types apply from online? 

The visa types that can apply online are same as previous. I think the new policy comes from changes in rules and regulations of ASEAN foreign policy as they plan to make the unique pass for all asean countries with single visa. 

They just standardize the terms and fees with other asean countries. Not too much special. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users