Welcome to Mingalapar Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Mahamuni Buddha Image

The Mahamuni Buddha Image Mandalay

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

KhinKhin

KhinKhin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Do you know the history of Famous Mahamuni Buddha image? 

it's a little bit controversy! 

These are some facts from Wiki.... 

Mahamuni Buddha image originally came from Arakan. It is highly venerated in Myanmar and central to many people's lives, as it is seen as an expression of representing the Buddha's life.

According to the legend, the Buddha visited the Dhanyawadi city of Arakan in 554 BC.King Sanda Thuriya requested an image of Buddha. 

After casting the Great Image, the Buddha breathed upon it, and thereafter the image became the exact likeness. 

Today,the Mahamuni Buddha image is placed in the The Mahamuni Buddha Temple (also called the Mahamuni Pagoda) which is located southwest of Mandalay, Myanmar. 

Attached File  Mahamuni-Buddha-Temple-mandalay-myanmar1000x600.jpg   682.79KB   0 downloadsAttached File  MANDALAY_BUDA_DE_MAHAMUNI_2.jpg   207.04KB   0 downloads

Attached File  VBK-DIP-BUDDHA_1411361g.jpg   54.27KB   0 downloads

Attached Files

Siam

Siam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

I want to go there again. My guide explain me about the likenesses. What he said is that ancient tradition refers to only five likenesses of the Buddha, made during his lifetime; two were in India, two in paradise, and the fifth is the Mahamuni Buddha image in Myanmar. Is that right? 

saventravel

saventravel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Wake up early and explore the lovely city of Mandalay

http://saventravel.b...-city-tour.html

P1050883%2Bmodified.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Mahamuni Buddha Image, Mandalay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users