Welcome to Mingalapar Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How long in Pyi Oo Lwin

Pyi Oo Lwin Myanmar stay

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Spider pig

Spider pig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

I continue with my questions :).

How long do you recommend to stay in Pyi Oo Lwin to have the time to enjoy the city. 

Are there any extensions of a trip to Pyi Oo Lwin from Mandalay that is worth the trip ?

Thanks again

IngridIngyin

IngridIngyin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

I recommend you to go there, Pyin Oo Lwin. Once you reach Mandalay, You should extend some more days for Pyin Oo Lwin because its worth going there.

The interest of foreigners and local people upon Pyin Oo Lwin is different. Visitors come to Pyin Oo Lwin especially in Summer to run away from severe heat. Weather in Pyin Oo Lwin is so nice. The climate is always cool and fresh. Flowers are blossoming year around. That are some of the facts that we love about Pyin Oo Lwin. But for foreign visitors, there are still many interesting things apart from weather and flowers. There are many old British buildings with long histories in this city. These buildings including governor's house were built during British colonialism in Myanmar. Even some of these buildings have become hotels now. This is general information for those who are interesting in history and ancient buildings. There is a big botanical garden as well. It was started by British people whom I forgot their names. Waterfalls are also there but honestly they are boring because of lack of proper maintenance. Pyin Oo Lwin is famous for its coffee plantation and wine production. So you can have a tasted of local wine and fresh brewed coffee beans with nice aroma. You can hire a motorbike or horse cart to look around the city. I think two or three days would be enough for a short stay. After that you can continue to Si Baw where you can go for trekking. On the way to Si Baw, You can take a look at "Goke Htaik" bridge which is very famous in the world. Here is the link you can read about "Goke Htaik" bridge. http://www.highestbr...Gokteik_Viaduct.  For the rest of the things about Pyin Oo Lwin, you will come to understand why people love this hillside city when you go there.

• racrac likes this

Spider pig

Spider pig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Hi Ingyin, 

Thank you very much for your long reply, I really appreciate.

According to what you said I would probably stay 2 days in Pyi Oo Lwin then and try to plan a visit Si paw as well. I have seen the pictures of this Goke Htaik bridge before, it look indeed really amazing. It's probably 100 meters above ground I guess.

From your description, we will probably take advantage of both interests of the city, visiting the colonial buildings, but also probably enjoying the milder weather and resting in this nice city, since our trip will be most certainly quite exhausting.

Coffee plantation is definitely worth a visit I think, I read that in many Yangon coffee shop they brew have home brewed coffee beans, do they generally come from Pyi Oo Lwin then ?

Have a good day,

terence29

terence29

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Hi Ingyin, 

Thank you very much for your long reply, I really appreciate.

According to what you said I would probably stay 2 days in Pyi Oo Lwin then and try to plan a visit Si paw as well. I have seen the pictures of this Goke Htaik bridge before, it look indeed really amazing. It's probably 100 meters above ground I guess.

From your description, we will probably take advantage of both interests of the city, visiting the colonial buildings, but also probably enjoying the milder weather and resting in this nice city, since our trip will be most certainly quite exhausting.

Coffee plantation is definitely worth a visit I think, I read that in many Yangon coffee shop they brew have home brewed coffee beans, do they generally come from Pyi Oo Lwin then ?

Have a good day,

If you travelling on your own and planning to take the train ride over Goke Htaik Bridge, it's better for you to arrange a private taxi to pick you up at the next station after the you crossed the bridge.

Spider pig

Spider pig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

If you travelling on your own and planning to take the train ride over Goke Htaik Bridge, it's better for you to arrange a private taxi to pick you up at the next station after the you crossed the bridge.

Hey hey, I will be traveling with my girlfriend actually, and I have no exact plans so far, just collecting information to do the best trip possible in Myanmar. So why should I take a private taxi at the next station after the bridge? Shouldnt I go down in Hsipaw, since that would be my destination for an eventual trek as I was advised? Can you tell me more.

Thanks

terence29

terence29

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Hey hey, I will be traveling with my girlfriend actually, and I have no exact plans so far, just collecting information to do the best trip possible in Myanmar. So why should I take a private taxi at the next station after the bridge? Shouldnt I go down in Hsipaw, since that would be my destination for an eventual trek as I was advised? Can you tell me more.

Thanks

Sorry what i meant on your own it's free and easy and not following a tour group. 

My apologies again unable to help you on Hsi Paw as my knowledge on it is very low, from what i know is just average size town which you have to pass by it when travelling to Lashio by bus or car. 

Spider pig

Spider pig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

No problem !!

I don't like to go with a tour group actually and especially, since it will be a special travel with my girlfriend, I don't want to bother with a group :)

I'll explore further on what I can do in Hsipaw and maybe Lashio, but it seems if I do all of that, I will not have enough time to enjoy every place.

Thanks for the advices

MadamR

MadamR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Really interesting discussion! 

me too, i'm a fan of Pwin Oo Lwin. but what I'm excited about Pyin Oo Lwin is a little bit different. actually, i'm interested in the colonial house of Pyin Oo Lwin. These houses make POL different with any other town. 

Let me share about my favourite house! 

Attached File  Pwin Oo lwin All saints Church.jpg   15.52KB   0 downloads

This is All Saints Anglican Church, founded in 1912, and it is one of the historical churches in Pyin Oo Lwin.

Attached File  Pwin Oo lwin Candacraig-Hotel.jpg   51.18KB   0 downloads

Candacraig Hotel, originally a guest house of The Bombay Burma Trading Company, was built in 1904

Attached File  -pyin-oo-lwin gandamar-myaing hotel.jpg   77.11KB   0 downloads

Gandamar Myaing Hotel, formerly known as ‘Croxton’ is one of the old British mansions converted into hotel.

Attached File  Pol houses Governor's-House.jpg   121.81KB   0 downloads Attached File  Governor's_House,_Pyin_Oo_Lwin..JPG   64.11KB   0 downloads

The original Governor’s House was built in 1903 and completely destroyed in about 1943. The impressive replica of the colonial Governor’s House can be viewd as a high class hotel at that place.

wow, this month november  is the best time to go to Pwin Oo Lwin. Wanna go there!

Phyayphyay

Phyayphyay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Kandawgyi Garden from Pyin Oo Lwin celebrates its 10th year flower festival. The festival began on December 15 and will be extended beyond its scheduled closing date of December 31 provided the good weather continues, organisers say. The event will also feature a concert on December 25-26. 

Plan to go there.. it draws so many visitors to Pyin Oo Lwin at the mean time.. 

Attached File  29.jpg   188.28KB   0 downloadsAttached File  22.jpg   200.94KB   0 downloadsAttached File  20.jpg   174.16KB   0 downloadsAttached File  19.jpg   176.37KB   0 downloadsAttached File  18.jpg   179.99KB   0 downloadsAttached File  10.jpg   167.84KB   0 downloadsAttached File  1 (3).jpg   122.23KB   0 downloads

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pyi Oo Lwin, Myanmar, stay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users