Welcome to Mingalapar Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Myanmar visa application in Bangkok

- - - - - Bangkok visa application visa Myanmar Burma tourist travel

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

prismadelta

prismadelta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Hi everyone, 

As promised two days ago, here is a report about my visa application I made yesterday at the visa service of Myanmar embassy in Bangkok, near Surasak.

So first to got there, take the BTS (Bangkok sky train) and get out at Surasak station, take exit number 3.

Attached File  1. Surasak station Bangkok, go out for Myanmar embassy.JPG   100.55KB   2 downloads Attached File  2. Exit 3 Surasak.JPG   101.56KB   0 downloads

Then as soon as you are down from the BTS platform, take the same direction as traffic, which should be on your right when you are walking. You should have the Mode Sathorn Hotel on your left.

Attached File  4. Walk along BTS line.jpg   114.5KB   0 downloads Attached File  3. Pass Mode Surasak Hotel.JPG   97.56KB   0 downloads

Continue walking and you should first pass Thanon Pramuan and Bangkok Christian college after that, before finally arriving at Thanon Pan, which is the street of the embassy.

Attached File  5. Pass Thanon Pramuan.JPG   113.11KB   0 downloads Attached File  6. Pass by Bangkok Christian College.JPG   94.6KB   0 downloads Attached File  7. Thanon Pan.JPG   121.36KB   0 downloads

Turn Left on Thanon Pan, walk a few meters and you are arrived at the Myanmar Embassy.

Attached File  8. Embassy of Myanmar.JPG   114.3KB   2 downloads

It took me ten minutes from the platform of the BTS to arrive at the embassy, and when I arrived there at 8:20 AM, there was only 4 people waiting.
Good thing I arrived early, by 9:00 AM when the embassy opened, there was already more than 30 people. But I was told that actually it is by far worse during the high season, and if you don't arrive there before 8:30 at last, you are good for a long wait before your turn comes.

One thing you need to know is that to apply for your visa, you must have 2 pictures, 1 photocopy of your passport and 1 application form duly filled.
But if you forgot to bring any of these, there are easy solutions around.

To have ID pictures, just walk down the street for about 50 meters and you will see on your left a sign a the entrance of a building, saying that you can take ID pictures. Just climb the stairs and you can have 8 ID pictures taken by an automatic machine just for 200 Thai Baht.

Attached File  9. Take pictures.JPG   97.51KB   0 downloads

When your pictures are taken, just head on the opposite side of the road, where you will see a yellow sign which says "copy, photo, myanmar visa services...". Enter this soi and on your right you will see a small shop, where probably other travelers are filling their application form.

Attached File  10. Visa application form.jpg   115.65KB   0 downloads Attached File  11. Visa shop.jpg   87.69KB   0 downloads

Go inside the shop and ask for an application form and a copy of your passport. They will make the copy of the passport for 3 Baht and give you a copy of application form for 5 Baht. 
They also have scissors and glue there so you can cut and stick your ID picture on your application form.

Attached File  12. Myanmar visa application form.jpg   87.28KB   0 downloads

Go back then to the Myanmar embassy, where a longer queue is waiting for you. Better having a friend alongside with you !!

Attached File  13. Going back to Myanmar Embassy.JPG   102.28KB   0 downloads

For those who weren't aware, the Myanmar Embassy visa service opens from 9:00 to 12:00 in the morning and collection is from 15:30 to 16:30.

I didn't take pictures of the inside, I was not sure I would be allowed too.
But then it is pretty simple. When the embassy opens, you should go to counter number 4 where a person will check your file and if the file is ok, will give you a number and you just have to wait for your number to be called and go to the corresponding counter, to give your file and pay for the visa fee.

About the fee, it is 810 Baht to have the visa 2 days later, 1035 Baht for the next day and 1260 Baht on the same day.
Since I was not in a hurry, I just took the cheapest one and will pick up my passport tomorrow. 
I will try to take pictures if I can tomorrow when I go back and they will be posted here.

Cheers,

• Blackjack, heru88, Melodie and 2 others like this

TS33

TS33

VIP Member

• Administrators
  • 2,123 posts
  • LocationBangkok

Thanks for this useful report, I'll pin it.

A journey of thousand miles begins with a single step!

Max

Max

• Administrators
  • 2,436 posts
  • LocationBangkok

Hi prismadelta,

Thanks a lot for this report, sure it will be very useful for our members who want to do their Myanmar visa in Bangkok.

Looking forward to receive your pictures from inside the embassy if you could take them.

Cheers,

Kato

Kato

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Thanks a million for including photos :) 

The next adventure is just right around the corner...

http://www.vpncompany.com/

Blackjack

Blackjack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Thanks a lot for this great post and for the pictures prismadelta, will be really useful, I will probably do my visa application in Bangkok as well.

bigsuitcase

bigsuitcase

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

It would be useful if you had scanned the form and uploaded it so it could be downloaded

Max

Max

• Administrators
  • 2,436 posts
  • LocationBangkok

Dear bigsuitcase, welcome to Mingalapar,

You can actually find the visa application form in our forum and download it, both business and tourist visa forms can be found on this page :

Myanmar visa application form.

Hope it will be useful for you,

Cheers,

Max

racrac

racrac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationYangon

Thanks a lot for the info, I was told if apply visa at bkk i can get 1 year visa, after 2 business visas in passport already, does it apply to same day/next day pick up?

heru88

heru88

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Thanks for this useful information...Feel very lucky & appreciation  to joint this Forum

voyager1

voyager1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi all I arrived at Myanmar Embassy Bangkok on Thursday at 9.30 am there were 10 people in front of me, picked up visa next day 4 pm there were 20 people in front of me. Very easy process for me with no need to have flights booked if you are not applying for same day service. Hope this helps
  • prismadelta likes this

TS33

TS33

VIP Member

• Administrators
  • 2,123 posts
  • LocationBangkok

Hi all I arrived at Myanmar Embassy Bangkok on Thursday at 9.30 am there were 10 people in front of me, picked up visa next day 4 pm there were 20 people in front of me. Very easy process for me with no need to have flights booked if you are not applying for same day service. Hope this helps

Hi Voyager1,

thanks for your report on visa application in Bangkok.

A journey of thousand miles begins with a single step!

Melodie

Melodie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationParis

Oh, really helpful report, thank you PrismaDelta,

I will feel less lost while being in Bangkok to apply for the visa for Myanmar !

prismadelta

prismadelta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Hi Melodie and everyone,

I'm glad that this thread is helpful to all of you, I guess many travelers use this Bangkok option for the visa when traveling to Myanmar.

A good to all of you

Lucky

Lucky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Dear prismadelta,

Thnx so much for the excellent describtion. Went to the embassy this morning and will pick my visa this afternoon.

If anybody has any questions just let me know  :D 

prismadelta

prismadelta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Hi Lucky,

You're very welcome, that was all the purpose of this thread, I didn't know they way at all when first went and was a bit of trouble, just hoped my post would help people in the same situation as me.

How did it go for you then? Not too many people waiting in queue, must have lots of travelers there since it's high season, isn't it? What time did you get there?

Lucky

Lucky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Hi Lucky,

You're very welcome, that was all the purpose of this thread, I didn't know they way at all when first went and was a bit of trouble, just hoped my post would help people in the same situation as me.

How did it go for you then? Not too many people waiting in queue, must have lots of travelers there since it's high season, isn't it? What time did you get there?

Hi Prismadelta,

All went well and I now have my Visa.

When to apply it was a lot of people already waiting at 08,30 but there wasn`t any problem to get inside. Inside it was a little "busy" but if you just have all the documents ready it`s no problem really.

When to pick up the visa in the afternoon I arrived 1 hour before opening. About 40 "falang" in the que in the sun.. and about 40 "nonfalang" on the other side, in the shadow. So I consider myself a nonfalang and waited in the shadow..  :rolleyes:

Think the process alltogether, apply & receive, took about an hour.

Hope I can arrive to Yangoon just before christmas. :)

heru88

heru88

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Hi All..

thanks for all your sharing...is there any body ever apply Business Mymr Visa in BKK ?? is it easy procedure ? how much it cost & what are the docs needed? Pls share..

racrac

racrac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationYangon
For business visa, multiple entry, you have to have already 3 business single entry visas already, accompanied by company recommendation letter, company registrations, forms and 2passport size photos, at bangkok Myanmar Embassy.
I got mine for 6 months only and was told only next time I can apply for 1year.
The business visa counters for submission and collection are different from the tourist visa counters.
Btw the bummer is, you still gotta go out of country every 70 days. You only get to save pages for visa stickers from single entry. And for those need to travel out if country more often.

heru88

heru88

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

For business visa, multiple entry, you have to have already 3 business single entry visas already, accompanied by company recommendation letter, company registrations, forms and 2passport size photos, at bangkok Myanmar Embassy.
I got mine for 6 months only and was told only next time I can apply for 1year.
The business visa counters for submission and collection are different from the tourist visa counters.
Btw the bummer is, you still gotta go out of country every 70 days. You only get to save pages for visa stickers from single entry. And for those need to travel out if country more often.

Hi racrac,,thanks for your useful information,,btw just to make sure the company recommendation letter & company registrations is required from Myanmar local company ? or from origin country that we're employed? TQ

racrac

racrac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationYangon

Hi heru, mine is surely from Myanmar company, and I think it would make more sense to have the letters issued from Myanmar company for visa application, to show you are connected with Myanmar and therefore you need multiple visa.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bangkok, visa application, visa, Myanmar, Burma, tourist, travel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users