Welcome to Mingalapar Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Myanmar visa application in Bangkok

- - - - - Bangkok visa application visa Myanmar Burma tourist travel

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Hsorino

Hsorino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Hi racrac,,thanks for your useful information,,btw just to make sure the company recommendation letter & company registrations is required from Myanmar local company ? or from origin country that we're employed? TQ

Hey just to confirm Racrac sayings, the letter should be from a Myanmar company. 

Anyway, for any business visa, you need a recommendation/invitation letter from a local company, without which you will not get the visa you asked for.

• heru88 likes this

heru88

heru88

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Hey just to confirm Racrac sayings, the letter should be from a Myanmar company. 

Anyway, for any business visa, you need a recommendation/invitation letter from a local company, without which you will not get the visa you asked for.

Hi Hsorino & Racrac

Thank you so much for your usefull information,,now I'm fully noted & will prepare the letter

I'll go and apply business visa at Bangkok on this end of month.

Once again Thanks for all of your sharing information in this Forum :D

• Hsorino likes this

Hsorino

Hsorino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Our pleasure Heru,

Let us know how it went for you :). Did you already find a partner company to issue the letter for you?

Olyala

Olyala

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Do anybody know, can I get social visit visa in Bangkok, if I'm citizen of Russian Federation? Or they issue only tourist and business visas?

TS33

TS33

VIP Member

• Administrators
  • 2,123 posts
  • LocationBangkok

Do anybody know, can I get social visit visa in Bangkok, if I'm citizen of Russian Federation? Or they issue only tourist and business visas?

Dear Olyala,

I'm almost 100% sure you can apply for your social visit visa in Bangkok.

I went there to apply for a tourist visa but I saw some people go there to apply for the Myanmar social visit visa.

A journey of thousand miles begins with a single step!

Olyala

Olyala

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Thank you for your answer TS33,

Maybe you remember who it was, people from asian countries or european people?

My friend told me that Myanmar signed some agreemant with 51 countries about visas and my country not include in this list. So in Bangkok I can get only tourist visa, other kind of visas I can get only in their embassy in my native country.

Max

Max

• Administrators
  • 2,436 posts
  • LocationBangkok

Hi Olyala, 

I am not sure about the regulations, but they don't mention about people's citizenship in the website of the Myanmar Embassy in Bangkok. So maybe people from any country would be allowed on a social visit if they provide the right documentation, just give a look at this link: http://www.myanmarem...-VISA-Infor.pdf

The information is not complete but it may help a bit.

Are you in Russia at the moment or already in Thailand?

Olyala

Olyala

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I'm in Yangon now, and my tourist visa will finish through 10 days. So I look for decisions what to do after it - new tourist visa in Bangkok or try social visit visa. Now we rent the flat and my friend tells me that I will have some problems with tourist visa. living in this flat, because population census 2014 will be soon in the beggining of April and everyone, who live in Myanmar will be count.

HarriCM

HarriCM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

is it still possible to get a tourist visa on the same day for 1260 baths?

YangonStyle

YangonStyle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationShanghai, China

is it still possible to get a tourist visa on the same day for 1260 baths?

My German friend got his visa in one day from Bangkok, but this was 3 months ago. I guess it's still valid though. 

• HarriCM likes this

HarriCM

HarriCM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

great I will let people know in this thread when I go :)

Yangonsetup

Yangonsetup

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Thanks, going there for visa renewal next week, very helpful indeed. :D  :D  :D

Yangon Setup Company Limited

Telecaster

Telecaster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Great info, thanks.

Btw, what period is considered high season in Myanmar?

I assume the hotel prices and air tickets goes up as well then, what prices to expect during high season?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bangkok, visa application, visa, Myanmar, Burma, tourist, travel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users