Welcome to Mingalapar Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Download the forms for the Embassy of Myanmar in Bangkok

* * * * * 1 votes tourist visa myanmar business visa myanmar

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Maibpenrai

Maibpenrai

• Administrators
  • 696 posts
  • LocationBangkok/Yangon

Hello members,

If you want to do your visa to go to Myanmar, at the embassy in Bangkok, here are the forms you can download :

Application form for Business visa : Attached File  myanmarformbusinessvisa.pdf   415.24KB   201 downloads

Application form for Tourist Visa : Attached File  myanmarformtouristvisa1.pdf   358.01KB   181 downloads - Attached File  myanmarformtouristvisa2.pdf   207.72KB   116 downloads

• Max, Lucky, lynnthitaungLynnThitAung1 and 1 other like this

The key to happiness is freedom, and the key to freedom is courage.

TS33

TS33

VIP Member

• Administrators
  • 2,123 posts
  • LocationBangkok

Thanks Maibpenrai for this useful post.

• lynnthitaungLynnThitAung1 likes this

A journey of thousand miles begins with a single step!

Ilovemyanmar

Ilovemyanmar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Hi, yes thank you Mai bpen rai, it can be useful for us, as we almost all do our visa for Myanmar in Bangkok.

bigsuitcase

bigsuitcase

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

thank you.

• lynnthitaungLynnThitAung1 likes this

Maibpenrai

Maibpenrai

• Administrators
  • 696 posts
  • LocationBangkok/Yangon

thank you.

You're welcome,  and don't hesitate to make a little presentation of yourself in our introduction section, have a good day !

The key to happiness is freedom, and the key to freedom is courage.

Htway

Htway

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Do you have the form for the Myanmar social visit as well? Thanks

TS33

TS33

VIP Member

• Administrators
  • 2,123 posts
  • LocationBangkok

Dear Htway,

the business visa form and the Myanmar social visit form is the same form, so just download myanmarformbusinessvisa.pdf

• Myatpanneain likes this

Mike7688

Mike7688

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Anyone know if the tourist visa forms are 2-sided or separate papers. Thanks.

TS33

TS33

VIP Member

• Administrators
  • 2,123 posts
  • LocationBangkok

Hello,

it's normally 2 sided but if you print on 2 separate papers, it is also ok.

The embassy will accept it.

With the form, you should also have a photocopy of your passport (the page with your information) and 2 pictures.

Hope it helps!

Mike7688

Mike7688

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Hello,

it's normally 2 sided but if you print on 2 separate papers, it is also ok.

The embassy will accept it.

With the form, you should also have a photocopy of your passport (the page with your information) and 2 pictures.

Hope it helps!

Thanks but it was no problem to print another 2 sided copy. I plan to bring in a few extras in case I have to fill out more than once.

THUZARKHIN

THUZARKHIN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Thank you

Mike7688

Mike7688

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Just over 2 weeks to go with 3 day layover in Beijing and 6 days in Bangkok to start the visa process. I just wish they had the VOA set up for tourists. I can't wait to see the real Myanmar.

Max

Max

• Administrators
  • 2,436 posts
  • LocationBangkok

Hi Mike,

Merry Christmas !!! 

Yeah your long waited trip to Myanmar is coming :). How can you need 3 days layover in Beijing and another 6 days in Bangkok for the visa process? Why didn't you simply come to Bangkok and make your visa within a day or two? 

Or maybe do you need other visas during your trip?

Cheers,

Max

Mike7688

Mike7688

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Merry Christmas,

Less than 2 weeks before my trip begins. The reason I'm stopping in Beijing for 3 days is because my Airline has a layover in Beijing any and I found out for no extra cost I can extend the layover visa free for up to 72 hours. As for my stop in Bangkok for 6 days, I arrive on a Thursday evening. I can't start the Myanmar visa process till Friday and the cheapest Air Asia flight was Wednesdays, so with the 2-3 business day wait for a visa, I should have it all taken care of the day before I fly.

I figured I could visit places I missed in Beijing last time with only 24 hour layover stamps and check out the places outside of Bangkok I wanted to see but missed before. Last Spring/summer I had little time but now I have at least 3 months to wander through SE Asia. I already got my initial Beijing, Bangkok and Yangon bookings I'm just hoping I'll be as lucky in Mandalay and Inle Lake. All I have are phone numbers for guesthouses within Myanmar but I bought a Kindle Budget Myanmar travel guide.

Max

Max

• Administrators
  • 2,436 posts
  • LocationBangkok

Merry Christmas and Happy new Year to you too Mike,

I envy you for having the possibility to travel for 3 whole months in South East Asia, you must be excited by the trip !!

For the visa in Bangkok, you will get your visa within 2 open days if you choose for the normal, regular visa application process, which costs 800+ Baht. So if you apply Friday morning, you will indeed get your visa on Tuesday afternoon.

However, if you are worried to not get your visa in time, or if you just want to clear this asap, you can get the one day visa process for 1000+ Baht or the express visa process for 1200+ Baht. With the first option you would get your visa on Monday afternoon and with the express option you would get your visa on Friday afternoon, so that is up to you. If you do so, you would have 4 full days to travel around Bangkok without having to worry about your Myanmar visa.

Be careful with the hotels or guesthouses, you will travel during high season and then accommodation and hosteling being very scarce in Myanmar, it might not always be easy to find a room without booking. So if you can make a booking in advance, you should better do. Then if you don't know yet what will be your schedule, you better have several options for your accommodation, since guest house from plan A might be full, you should have at least plan B and C.

Hope your journey will be amazing, but I have no doubts it will be  ;)

Cheers,

Max

Mike7688

Mike7688

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Yes, It's great to be able to travel and work at the same time. I'm in Beijing after a very long flight. I did all the research on prices for visas and I have my Visa paperwork all filled out. I'll just need to get my Passport photos outside the embassy and I'm set. I'm just a bit worried about these protests in Bangkok. I read the protesters are shutting down many roads. I'm hoping I can get to the Myanmar Embassy easilly and that I won't need to pay a small fortune for a taxi. I am staying just off Kao San road, so I was planning to take a river ferry to a Skytrain stop or even a bus. Hopefully all will be fine. After I put in for my Visa I'll probably head for Pattaya for a couple days where things are more calm.

Max

Max

• Administrators
  • 2,436 posts
  • LocationBangkok

Hi Mike,

Yes indeed Bangkok is experiencing protests at the moment and several intersections are blocked by mobs, but if you use public transportation such as boat, MRT or BTS skytrain you should not have any problems moving around. If you choose taxi on the other hand you have to be careful and informed about where you can go and where you cannot, the drivers will mostly refuse to bring anywhere near the protest since they fear not to be able to leave anymore.

Anyway, the protest are not as big as expected according to some embassies and things might calm down by the end of the week they say, but I can't guarantee you anything. 

But I think choosing the river ferry and skytrain option is the best way for your transportation to Myanmar embassy.

Just take the boat until Saphan Taksin pier on Chao Praya river, walk to Saphan Taksin BTS station (just nearby) and take BTS for one station, hoping out of the train at Surasak station. You can also walk from Saphan Taksin pier up to the embassy along Sathorn road but it might take you 20-25 minutes.

If you plan to move away from Bangkok, be aware that most of the vans driving you to the South East part of Thailand (Pattaya, Rayong, Chanthaburi) leaves from Victory Monument area, which is now completely blocked by the protests.

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers,

Max

Mike7688

Mike7688

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Yes, it's very helpful, thanks. I forgot about the protests near Victory Monument. If I go to Pattaya maybe i'll just go to the bus station. I usually get off at National Stadium BTS to get to my hostel at Kao san  from the Airport and take a taxi from there. Usually costs around 60 Baht. I might have to find a bus from the BTS station to Kao San. The embassy is warning Expats to Hoard lots of food. Luckilly near Kao San road there is lots of street food. I love the Pad Thai. Thanks again for the help. I'll let you know how things go. It maybe helpfull for other Expats in Bangkok trying to get their visas for Myanmar around this time.

Mike7688

Mike7688

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

OK, I did as max suggested and walked to the Ferry at Banglampoo and paid 15 Bhat, it took about 20 minutes and i got off at Taksin pier and easilly walked to the Embassy. It took about 40 minutes and I gave my passport and paid. It should be ready Tuesday. They said at my hostel  that the embassy could be closed by the protesters but it was just fine. It's a really easy process from here. Can't wait till Wednesday.

Max

Max

• Administrators
  • 2,436 posts
  • LocationBangkok

Glad my little suggestion helped you Mike and thank you very much for sharing, this is very useful. Did you came across protesters around the area of the Embassy? Did you find a way out of Bangkok?

Hope everything will continue to go smoothly for you,

Cheers,

Max

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tourist visa myanmar, business visa myanmar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users