Welcome to Mingalapar Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

I just came back from peaceful place, Sagaing Hill.

Sagaing Hills Pagoda

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

MadamR

MadamR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

During my Thingyan holiday, I went to one of the monestery of Sagaing hill for meditation. Really peaceful and relax! I would like to recommend to visit at least once if you've free time. 

Attached File  Sagaing hill.jpg   96.38KB   0 downloadsAttached File  Sagaing hill 4.jpg   163.47KB   0 downloadsAttached File  Sagaing hill 5.jpg   160.86KB   0 downloads

micheal

micheal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Interesting and beautiful place... . where is it situiated? 

MadamR

MadamR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Thanks .. Micheal for interesting . Sagaing  is the capital of Sagaing Region (formerly Sagaing Division) in Myanmar and located on the Ayeyarwady River, 20 km to the southwest of Mandalay on the opposite bank of the river. In my opinion, Sagaing with numerous Buddhist monasteries is an important religious and monastic center. The pagodas and monasteries crowd the numerous hills along the ridge running parallel to the river.

Don't forget to visit the central pagoda, Soon U Ponya Shin Pagoda,which is connected by a set of covered staircases that run up the 240 m hill.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sagaing, Hills, Pagoda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users