Welcome to Mingalapar Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Peik Chin Myaung Cave

Cave Pyin Oo Lwin Myanmar

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

lover14

lover14

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

I just came back from Lashio, the town of Northern Shan State. On my way back, I went and visited to Peik Chin Myuang cave( (also known as Maha Nandamu Cave) which is is located on the Lashio road near Wetwun village, 12 miles east of Pyin Oo Lwin town.

Actually, It is a limestone cave estimated between 230 million and 310 million years old. (just they said, I'm not sure) .

The cave is called Peik Chin Myaung as plenty of Peik Chin plants used to grow there.

The entrance of the Peik Chin Myaung cave is about 20 ft wide and 1,600 ft long. So, it's a big and long cave.

The long cave is filled with so many Buddha images and pagodas in various sizes and position at every corners and niches.

Attached File  Cave.jpg   110.43KB   0 downloadsAttached File  Cave 2.jpg   74.64KB   0 downloadsAttached File  Cave 3.jpg   184.39KB   0 downloadsAttached File  Cave 4.jpg   338.84KB   0 downloadsAttached File  Cave 5.jpg   118.89KB   0 downloads

It's really worth to visit! Don't forget to go there when you reach POL or Lashio. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cave, Pyin Oo Lwin, Myanmar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users