Welcome to Mingalapar Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Moe-Yun-Gyi wetlands bird sanctuary

Bago Myanmar Wetlands

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Saisai

Saisai

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 616 posts

There's a place I've to go when I come back to Myanmar.... It's Moe-Yun-Gyi wetlands bird sanctuary. 

It is situated in Bago Division, about 70 miles north of Yangon, by the Yangon-Mandalay highway. It is just two-hours drive from Yangon. In 1878 a water storage reservoir was constructed in Moeyungyi area.

Many years later, the reservoir changed naturally into wetlands with the extent of 40 square miles which have high wetland conservation value. As a result, the wetlands have been notified as a wildlife sanctuary since 1988. 

I'm really interested to see birds at there.. :) 

Attached File  Moe.jpg   158.23KB   0 downloadsAttached File  Moe 2.jpg   351.86KB   0 downloadsAttached File  Moe 3.jpg   32.04KB   0 downloadsAttached File  Moe 4.jpg   44.43KB   0 downloadsAttached File  Moe 5.jpg   25.81KB   0 downloadsAttached File  Moe 6.jpg   191.84KB   0 downloads

Clive

Clive

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

I'd been there when i was in Ygn. My friend recommend me to go and see birds.. But at that time, there're few birds.. Migratory birds can be seen only at November and december, they said.. 

Lovely nature place for sure! 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bago, Myanmar, Wetlands

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users