Welcome to Mingalapar Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ananda Pagoda

Ananda Pagoda Bagan

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

ShweGyi

ShweGyi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Though there's a saying " every Myanmar must have been to Bagan at least once a life".. but i'm the exception. I've never been to there.. :)

Now.. I'm a bit confused about Ananda Pagoda.. Who knows the history and which book should I read to know about Ananda? 
Thanks in advance.. 

Nyo1

Nyo1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

I don't know much about that pagoda. But I've its photo. :) . The pagoda and that Buddha image is my favourite. 

Attached File  Ananda.jpg   234.18KB   2 downloadsAttached File  Ananda 2.jpg   50.5KB   2 downloadsAttached File  Ananda 3.jpg   117.21KB   1 downloadsAttached File  Ananda 4.jpg   65.29KB   2 downloadsAttached File  Ananda 4.jpg   65.29KB   2 downloads

Saisai

Saisai

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 620 posts

I think why people are so interesting the temple is because of its layout and architecture.. The temple layout is in a cruciform with several terraces leading to a small pagoda at the top covered by an umbrella known as hti (ထီး), which is the name of the umbrella or top ornament found in almost all pagodas in Myanmar.

and there're so many legends and history about that pagoda.. you can find it from Internet.. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ananda Pagoda, Bagan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users