Welcome to Mingalapar Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Potential Business Visa Cancellation and the Consequences?

- - - - - business visa business visa cancel legal trouble

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

chengdualbion

chengdualbion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi folks,

I'm hoping someone with experience in this situation will be able to give some advice on the matter - I am currently working in Myanmar on a Business Visa, however I am planning to soon quit this job. I do however wish to travel Myanmar for a few weeks before I actually leave the country. My concern is that the company who have sponsored my visa may go behind my back to cancel it whilst I am still in Myanmar (I don't know whether they will or will not do this, but based on my experiences with this company, and the management it is quite possible).

What I want to know is that should I complete my travelling, and get to Yangon airport to find my Business Visa was cancelled two weeks prior, am I likely be in any trouble, are there going to be any sanctions, or will they let me simply leave the country without issue?

I won't be overstaying the dates stated within the passport, but I am concerned it will flash up on their systems or something similar as having been cancelled.

Thanks in advance for any responses and advice!

Max

Max

• Administrators
  • 2,436 posts
  • LocationBangkok

Hey Chengdualbion,

I guess the main concern you may have here is whether your company will cancel your visa or not!! I believe they need to specify to the immigration that you have left your job and that your visa should therefore be cancelled, but if they don't I think you are good to go.

Now if they decide to cancel your visa, I am not sure exactly what the situation is, since I didn't have experience for a case like yours. However, if you consider that tourists who overstay their 28 days visa just need to pay 3 US$ per day overstayed, it might just be the same for the Business visa. If they cancel your visa and you stay another 10 days after the cancellation, you might need to pay 30 US$ of overstay charges. 

But as I said, these is just my guess, as I don't have experience with that.

So the best would certainly that your company don't cancel the visa. 

Since there is paperwork to fill in order to cancel a visa, they might not want to bother doing it. Or is it really the type of company that wants to annoy you until the end??

Good luck with that, and enjoy your travel ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: business, visa, business visa, cancel, legal, trouble

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users