Welcome to Mingalapar Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Cocks Comb Island

Cocks Comb Island Southern Myanmar

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Saisai

Saisai

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 622 posts

Hey Guys

Did you already heard about Cocks Comb Islands? It's one of the islands of Southern Myanmar. It's now very popular among thai people even though few Myanmar man knows about this island.. 

Siam

Siam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

In thai social network,that island is very popular and become viral day and day.. Interesting and amazing place! 

Attached File  CocksCombIsland.jpg   243.2KB   0 downloadsAttached File  CocksCombIsland5.jpg   284.55KB   0 downloadsAttached File  CocksCombIsland6.jpg   225.21KB   1 downloadsAttached File  cockcomb.jpg   165.74KB   0 downloadsAttached File  cockcomb 2.jpg   166.61KB   0 downloads

MadamR

MadamR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

This is the information about that island in georeview.com 

The estimate terrain elevation above seal level is -9999 metres. (Latitude: 9°45'43.92", Longitude: 98°9'17.5").

cloudyyangon

cloudyyangon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationYangon, Myanmar

Really beautiful and stunning place! What the origin of the name of island. I think the name is not Myanmar name. And what is the meaning of -9999 m above sea level.. Difficult to understand for me. Are u sure about your data,Madamr? 

Thwe

Thwe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Really beautiful and stunning place! What the origin of the name of island. I think the name is not Myanmar name. And what is the meaning of -9999 m above sea level.. Difficult to understand for me. Are u sure about your data,Madamr? 

Hi!!!!!

It has the own original Myanmar name.We call " Kyat Mauk island". :)

KhinKhin

KhinKhin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Let me ask some suggestions about the islands. Is there any hotels or something to stay.. Can we be safe for diving or snorkeling? Which way will be better to go to there, from Thai or Myanmar?

Diving ! Diving .. I wanna do there/... :)  

cloudyyangon

cloudyyangon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationYangon, Myanmar

Wow.. I wanna go there after watching this one.. Very amazing! 

Thwe

Thwe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Hi Khin Khin!!!!

There are so  many hotels.Among them Grand Andaman Club is the best.You can be surely safe not only diving but also snorkeling but during the rainy season(from August to October 15) ,this area is closed .Both ways are OK!!!   :) :)

LifeSeeingTours

LifeSeeingTours

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Dear ALL,

As Koffee mentioned already the time will come. Tours will start around 15 Oct. 2015

Life Seeing Tours is a partner of Grand Andaman Travel and will make it possible for Burmese / Expats and for foreign tourists to go to Cocks Comb and its neighboring islands. For detailed information visit link below or contact us directly. 

http://www.lifeseein...tours/cockscomb

LifeSeeingTours

LifeSeeingTours

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Additional to the post above we would like to give further information as fellow users already inquired.

How to get to Kawthaung?

Airplane would be the most convenient, Myanmar Airways, Apex Airline and Air KBZ.

It is also possible to get there by road and sea, but very time consuming. 

Where to sleep in Kawthaung?

Grand Andaman Hotel (which is convenient as the dinner is there).

Garden Hotel

Kawthaung Hotel

Victoria Cliff Hotel

Thank you for asking and reading.

NangNaunt

NangNaunt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationMyanmar

love to go there..

miley

miley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cocks Comb Island, Southern Myanmar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users