Welcome to Mingalapar Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Gokteik Viaduct

viaduct shan state

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Saisai

Saisai

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 617 posts

Attached File  via.jpg   116KB   0 downloadsAttached File  via 2.jpg   91.46KB   0 downloadsAttached File  via 3.jpg   98.03KB   0 downloadsAttached File  via 4.jpg   214.02KB   0 downloads

The photographer Ko Zin tell it as a 'Viaduct To Heaven. The bridge is between the two towns of Pyin U Lwin, the summer capital of the former British colonial administrators of Burma, and Lashio, the principal town of northern Shan State. It is the highest bridge in Myanmar and when it was completed, the largest railway trestle in the world. The bridge is located approximately 100 km northeast of Mandalay.

Thanks for Ko Zin for letting me share. 

here's the original link. https://www.facebook...=message_bubble

micheal

micheal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

I've never been to there actually though I'd been here for more than a year. How can I reach there? Thanks Sai Sai! 

Saisai

Saisai

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 617 posts

I've never been to there actually though I'd been here for more than a year. How can I reach there? Thanks Sai Sai! 

Please check the link http://mingalapar.co...ct/?hl=viaduct 

tommy33

tommy33

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Really awesome! Just like the photographer said it's a really like a way to heaven.
Is the same and continues as Death Railways  of Kachanaburi from Thailand? 

miley

miley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

I heard walking on the viaduct is now banned. Is that right? 

NangNaunt

NangNaunt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationMyanmar

I heard walking on the viaduct is now banned. Is that right? 

Yeah.. Miley.  Railway officials have warned enthusiasts who like to stroll along the country’s highest rail bridge, which towers more than 100 metres above a ravine in Shan State. Pedestrians have now been banned from Gokteik Viaduct as a safety measure.

So, definitely no selfies now on the viaduct. But it's a right rule for safety of the people. 

NangNaunt

NangNaunt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationMyanmar

Really awesome! Just like the photographer said it's a really like a way to heaven.
Is the same and continues as Death Railways  of Kachanaburi from Thailand? 

No.. the death railways of Kachanaburi is continuous with the railways from Mawlamyine.. The Gokhtike viaduct is a quite different one.. It's constructed during colonial era and now about 100 years old.. It's in Shan state of Myanmar..  

micheal

micheal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

I don't know how he took this video. The gokteik viaduct is really amazing! watch it 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: viaduct, shan state

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users