Welcome to Mingalapar Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mandalay artists show their true colours

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

MadamR

MadamR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

That's my favourite artists from Mandalay. I do like to invite you to enjoy the show. 

Artists from Mandalay will display their introspections on the beauty of their native land in brush strokes and watercolours at an exhibition entitled Mandalay Transparency at Yangon Gallery from September 26 to 31.

Attached File  painting1-u-khin-maung-sann.jpg   57.08KB   0 downloads

“This is a very exciting time,” said exhibition coordinator Lynn Whut Hmone in an interview with The Myanmar Times. “This is the first time we have invited Mandalay artists to the gallery. We can experience not only the scenes they have created but also the artist’s imagination.”

Over 60 watercolour paintings by 10 different artists will capture scenes from Mandalay, Bagan, Pyin Oo Lwin and other countryside regions.

Attached File  -painting3-bo-saw.jpg   51.92KB   0 downloads

Artist U Khin Maung San, 60, will show 10 of his canvas paintings that highlight his native town of Mandalay.

“I am very glad that Mandalay artists have the chance to show our art to a Yangon audience,” he said. “Our artwork might not be the same, but I am sure art lovers will enjoy our vibrant paintings. It may have been outshined by modern painting styles but I really love the watercolour medium more than any other. We just want to prevent it from disappearing.”

Attached File  22-painting2-u-khin-maung-than.jpg   79.94KB   0 downloads

http://www.mmtimes.c...ue-colours.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users