Welcome to Mingalapar Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Old ancient pagodas near Inle

Ancient Pagodas

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

NicholasH

NicholasH

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Hi, friends. 

I've to ask one question please! I plan to go to Inle at the end of October. I read about a lot of ancient pagodas near Inle that are still mystery and not well known even to the local. But I can't find that article now. I think the news is from dailyMail or what , not sure now. 

At that time of reading, i made my mind that I'll go there when I reach Inle. 

But I've no information about that at the moment, even for the name or location exactly. 

Who knows about that a lot of old pagodas? 

thanks . 

aster

aster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • LocationYangon

Hi Nicolas, 

Do you mean Shwe In Tain Pagoda?? It is may be around 8 to 10 miles away from Inle lake. It is not very well know even for local people. I have been there two years ago. I took some pictures. Pls take a look. They renovated some pagodas so you might be a little bit disappointed if you expect the original architecture. There is a link that shows the old pictures of pagoda. Some people go there by car, bike or by foot. It depends on your preference. I suggest you to go by bike or car. By foot is a bit far I think. http://myanmartravel...ein-pagoda.html

Attached Files

Joko

Joko

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationYangon

Here's another article about Inn Dein...  

The Crumbling Village of Temples Lost to the Myanmar Jungle

http://www.messyness...myanmar-jungle/

I'm going to be visiting Inle this holiday season and Inn Dein is definitely on my list of places to visit.

I have a question about hotels and such near Inle. It looks online that all the reasonably priced accommodations are in the north, in Nyaungshwe. Inn Dein is up a canal from Nampan, in the south, but other than some very expensive lakeside resorts, there doesn't seem to be any place to stay in Nampan.

What's Nampan like? Are there are any hotels under $50/night?

cloudyyangon

cloudyyangon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationYangon, Myanmar

Nampan is a small villages .. cool place to live and visit.. My friends went there last month to visit. They told me there're some nice guest houses for budget traveller.. But the problem for you is that guest houses informaion can't be availiable on the internet.. The villagers don't even know what internet is. They don't understand how to advertise. 

So, you need to go there and find by yourself. Don't worry. It's quite easy to get a room there.. and educate the people about the importance of advertising as well.. :) 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ancient, Pagodas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users