Welcome to Mingalapar Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Kyone Htaw waterfall

Kyone Htaw waterfall Hpa-An

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

micheal

micheal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

I just saw about Kyone Htaw waterfall photos from one of my Facebook friends. It's really amazing. Where is that actually? How to go there? Is that possible for a foreigner to go there? 

Thanks. 

Saisai

Saisai

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 616 posts

Attached File  kyone htaw.jpg   155.57KB   0 downloads 

Kyone Htaw waterfall is located near Hpa-An. It's under the control of DKBA (Kayin Ethnic Army). Now the government signed peace contract and the waterfall became popular among the local visitors. 

I'm not sure it's okay to go for a foreigner. The road to there is not too good. One sad thing is no beer is allowed in that area. 

ShweGyi

ShweGyi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Siam

Siam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Fruit of peace?? I  strongly oppose that it is the result of National Ceasefire agreement which was signed two months ago. On the contrast, I'm in favour of, for a number of reasons, the result simply comes from the mindset changing of DKBA. 

The most important reason is the waterfall is open for all visitors before signing. As i live in the border of Thailand near with Kyain State, I'd been there so many times before. No restrictions even for a foreigner. But they asked if you're from Burma or looks like Bamar. Although they ask some questions like where to go or why are you here, it's not too serious. If you say "waterfall', everthing is okay since that time. 

Another reason is it's not under the total control of DKBA. It's the area of Myaing Gyi Ngu Monk. The monk who is very famous among thai and myanmar people as well as very influential on DKBA. So, that area is peaceful before ceasefire. 

But, unfortunately, I don't know why it becomes popular only these days among your people. The waterfall is already famous in Thai people long long ago.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kyone Htaw waterfall, Hpa-An

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users