Welcome to Mingalapar Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Help with translation burmese -> english

translation

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

juza

juza

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hello,

I recently bought a sword with some inscriptions on it. I guess it could be burmese, but I'm not sure. I took a picture (see attachment).

Is there someone who can translate these inscriptions to english, please? Or tell me what language could it be if it's not burmese?

Thank you

Attached Files

zhanng

zhanng

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
It is burmese. But ancient burmese. First three words are kaw tha la. It is a name, more specifically a king's name. The bottom three words dont look very clear.. im guessing htan yout pon? meaning like arrive? ancient burmese used short hand letters. maybe its one of it.. u should ask some archaeology students.

Btw where u get those?

zhanng

zhanng

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Oh.. and i didnt see the first pic.. its too small lool..

The first pics say "general mahar bandula play" a play as in theatre

Is it also a part of the sword? If so, the sword is probably a prop from theatre.

juza

juza

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Thank you very much zhanng!

Yes, the first picture is part of the sword too.

Bishop

Bishop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Why can't I upload a picture

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: translation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users