Welcome to Mingalapar Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Tried and tasted: Jana Mon Ethnic Cuisine

- - - - - foods

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

BurmeseNews

BurmeseNews

VIP Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts

A quick note of admission: I almost didn’twrite this review because, selfishly, I wanted to keep Jana Mona secret from the hordes that are sure to show up when it’s discovered. Consider this my good deed for the week.

My friends and I stumbled across this Mon ethnic restaurant when returning from Shwedagon Pagoda one day. The unique shop sign stood out against the usual beer-sponsored shop fronts just serving the regular dishes we know – oily noodles and greasy fried rice. I convinced my companions to give the restaurant a go and happily it panned out, saving me an evening of unrelenting ridicule and moaning from my friends.

Walking in, we were immediately greeted by an incredibly sweet waitress – who also happens to be the owner and chef –who was grinning from ear to ear. At Jana Mon you feel more like a dinner guest than a customer.

Turning our attention to the menu, we realised that none of us knew the first thing about Mon cuisine. Embarrassed by our ignorance, we asked the manager for recommendations. Asking us what kind of flavours we liked, he made some suggestions – even for our vegetarian friend.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: foods

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users