Welcome to Mingalapar Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Myanmar artists showcase traditional and new watercolour paintings

- - - - - artists watercolor paintings

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

BurmeseNews

BurmeseNews

VIP Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,846 posts
Pagodas, monasteries, and monks – all scenes of a traditional Myanmar – were the focus of artist Khin Maung Zaw’s watercolour exhibition at Gallery 65 from February 11 through 14.

Along with veteran watercolourists, Myint Naing, Aung Sint, Kyaw Kyaw and Thai artist, Direk Kingnok, the five artists featured over 50 of their best watercolour paintings, randing from silk screen paintings, landscapes and more.

For Khin Maung Zaw, who is both an organiser and participant in the Watercolour Art Show, this year marked his fourth time showing his watercolour work at a gallery. He wanted to show a wide variety of watercolour paintings this year which was why he invited Thai artist, Direk Kingnok.

“I wanted to show international artworks to Myanmar artists and audiences,” he said. “I think his paintings have a different sensibility for Myanmar audiences. Next year I plan to invite international watercolour artists from other countries as well.”

Though Direk Kingnok mostly paints landscapes of Bangkok’s downtown, he also paints the city centres of other Southeast Asian countries.

“I like to travel because it allows me to learn new things. The same is with painting,” he said. “I take my experiences and feelings and translate them into art.”

Direk Kingnok’s debut at Gallery 65 also marks his first visit to Myanmar, which thus far he has found to be an unlikely hub of watercolour work.

“Myanmar artists are clearly represented in all aspects of culture and life here,” he said. “I think that’s a good thing.”
Another of the show’s watercolour aficionados is Myint Naing, who is most known for his nude watercolours but chose to display his landscapes of Yangon’s colonial buildings.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: artists, watercolor, paintings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users