Welcome to Mingalapar Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Internet Security

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

MyanDia

MyanDia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Wondering is anyone is familiar with vpns and whether or not they are a good investment/useful when living abroad. A family member suggested it to me as a layer of added security, but not sure it it is necessary. Are there other things I can do to avoid getting one, or is it worth looking at? Anything would help. 

gurlytech1

gurlytech1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hi, I use one and definitely recommend it when you're living overseas.  Can't go wrong with another layer of privacy and security.  I use mine whenever I do any banking online and also so I can continue to access my US netflix account.  

MyanDia

MyanDia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Hi, I use one and definitely recommend it when you're living overseas.  Can't go wrong with another layer of privacy and security.  I use mine whenever I do any banking online and also so I can continue to access my US netflix account.  

Yeah, I do a lot of online banking transactions both personally and for my businesss. If you don't mind me asking, do you use a vpn that you pay for or do you use a free one? I'm willing to pay obviously to secure my information, but if I can get a free one that does that same thing then I'd love to do that. I've been comparing vpns found here to  https://www.bestvpn.com/free-vpns/ vpns found here https://securethough...t-vpns-privacy/ . Any thoughts? 

gurlytech1

gurlytech1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I actually use Express VPN because a friend highly recommended it.  He also said that paid services are better than free ones.  I couldn't tell you why though as I've never tried switching to a free service.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users