Welcome to Mingalapar Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Yangon Restaurant : Happy Café & Noodles

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

TruthTraveller

TruthTraveller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  • LocationYangon, Myanmar

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Hey Mingalarparian, do you guys like Noodles? Then, here is a shop you might be happy to go.My sister and I went this evening to Happy Café & Noodles for very first time. When we reached there, seeing many cars in the restaurant compound surprised us. We couldn’t get any parking space in their compound so we just parked our car outside.[/font]

Attached File  IMAG1199.jpg   153.1KB   0 downloads Attached File  IMAG1200.jpg   155.98KB   0 downloads   Attached File  IMAG1209.jpg   222.69KB   0 downloads

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]The restaurant has several types of tables; garden tables, outdoor tables and indoor air-conditioned tables. The outdoors table and chair are real old style, unpolished and old design; I missed my grandma and grandpa a lot by seeing this. [/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]So we choose a table outdoor first but I felt it is bit dark after a while sitting, I usually prefer garden tables but due to the rainy climate today it is kind of useless so we moved to indoor one.[/font]

Attached File  IMAG1204.jpg   123.65KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMAG1206.jpg   253.15KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMAG1207.jpg   299.37KB   0 downloads

Attached File  IMAG1208.jpg   234.41KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMAG1223.jpg   99.21KB   0 downloads

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]When we reached there, it was six in the afternoon and too early to be crowded as much as it was in my eyes. People seemed to enjoy their food and chatting a lot.[/font]

Attached File  IMAG1225.jpg   107.55KB   0 downloads

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]A waiter carried the menus and came along with us when we moved to our new indoor table. When we were settled and satisfied with our new table, he handed us the menus. When I read their menus, I was surprised again, their prices are really reasonable for the class, decoration and location of the restaurant.[/font]

Attached File  IMAG1201.jpg   222.92KB   0 downloads

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]The location of this restaurant is the most expensive in the city, maybe even in the country and only the richest people are living around there. They could charge much expensive prices since the restaurant is really classy, but they don’t. [/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]The prices start from 500Ks and the highest price is only 4200Ks. And from the menu, you can get most of noodle cooking style from different region of Myanmar; Mogoke style noodle, Loilen style noodle, Bamaw Style noodle etc.  What is interesting is that you can also have their signature Myanmar style Spaghetti, the chef’s own creation. But if you prefer Myanmar traditional sticky steam rice, you can also have it there.[/font]

Attached File  IMAG1221.jpg   173.68KB   0 downloads   Attached File  IMAG1219.jpg   257.86KB   0 downloads

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Their menu looked really good and we were glad to have chosen this place, my sister ordered spare rib noodle soup, while I ordered Beef Meat Ball Noodle for me. They charged 2200 Ks for both of the soups. [/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]The waiter first served us a plate of crispy fried pork skin and sauce; he said it’s on the house. I thought this kind of service could attract the customers a lot. Because we felt that they are kind to the customers and we would like to come back here. A plate of crispy fried skin is cheap indeed, but it really touches our heart.[/font]

Attached File  IMAG1214.jpg   185.23KB   0 downloads

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]After a very short 5 minutes wait, a smiling and active waiter brought along our food to us. Our soups looked very delicious and we saw many meatballs and ribs in it. When we tasted it, it was super delicious if we trust the judgment of our tongue. We enjoyed our food happily and wondered maybe they named their restaurant Happy because they can make their customers happy thanks to their friendly and happy staffs, reasonable prices, availability of several noodles from country wide, delightful decoration, cleanliness and best of taste. I highly praise the owner for his/her arrangement and consideration.[/font]

Attached File  IMAG1216.jpg   188KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMAG1211.jpg   205.64KB   0 downloads

Attached File  IMAG1212.jpg   223.98KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMAG1213.jpg   163.52KB   0 downloads

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]After we finished having our soups, we ordered a glass of Mango juice. The price is 1500Ks and their drinks prices are also fair. You can order a cup of Mocha for 1500 Ks and the quality is comparable to the coffee shops in city. They have cocktails, Liquor coffee and Punch.The taste of Mango juice was sweet but not over sweet, and you still want to drink it till it’s empty.[/font]

Attached File  IMAG1202.jpg   213.8KB   0 downloads

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]I highly recommend you to give a try at Happy café & Noodles, it’s really worth it.[/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Happy CAFE & NOODLES[/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]No.(104-B ), Inya Road, Kamaryut Tsp, Yangon, Myanmar.[/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]01-536985,09-73085974.[/font]

• Ros likes this
FREE FROM DESIRE

YangonStyle

YangonStyle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationShanghai, China

Mmm yummy, didn't know about this place, is it newly opened ? 

The soup on the menus looks pretty good and not so expensive indeed for such a place, guess they should be full most of the time. 

So what about your beef ball noodles, you say the noodles comes from everywhere in Burma, but this one look a little bit Chinese to me :), where is it from actually?

Thanks for this review TruthTraveller, I will definitely give it a try next time I come to Yangon !

• TruthTraveller likes this

TruthTraveller

TruthTraveller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  • LocationYangon, Myanmar

Hi there Yangon Style,

As far as I know, Happy was there for at least 7 years. Yeah, I saw the customers almost full to all of the tables.

And for beef ball noodle, I am not very sure where is this came from because it firstly appeared in Yangon by the Shan- Chinese roadside shops. Maybe it is originally came from Chinese Style cooking. :) Please share your experience

about Happy Noodles after you give it a try. :D

FREE FROM DESIRE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users